Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Attention all Muccis press the call button. How do you get to the airport? OT-ish

Attention all Muccis press the call button. How do you get to the airport? OT-ish

Old Nov 30, 06, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
It depends on the trip - if I'm doing a 'day return' I drive as the cost of the NCP for this period of time is about the same as 2 minicabs from chez BAH.

For any longer it's a minicab at each end.

BAH
Old Nov 30, 06, 4:28 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Most of the time drive straight to LHR from a gig for early morning flights. Valet park it with either CPS or Purple meet & greet.
Ditto with stansted for Maxjet
LGW usually park at friends place near the excel and get the train
Old Nov 30, 06, 4:33 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Living in the Fens, it's pretty hard to avoid using the car. If it's a business trip, work always provide a car and driver to get me to/from LHR. For leisure, depends if the Teece Jrs are coming - if they are, we'll always use a meet-and-greet service - well worth the premium with the kids & accessories in tow. If it's just the missus and I, then we'll play it by ear. for the SZG Do, we're staying at the LGW Holiday Express tonight, so I got a room&parking rate.
Old Nov 30, 06, 4:39 am

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
4 miles from the airport (INV) as the crow flies but 20 miles by road - I will drive when the hour is reasonable, but for early starts/late returns/long days I will get a taxi. This was a decision taken after hitting a deer on my way to the airport several years ago on a very grey early morning, and has nothing to do with enabling me to guzzle champagne in the LGW N F lounge during the often significant wait for the late flight back
Old Nov 30, 06, 4:40 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
On work trips VC10 Boy (who is not a Mucci ) is driven in an 740Li by chauffeur. My firm contracts for this through Jones Day.

On Personal trips for weekends away VC10 Boy drives and parks at T1A, or at T4 we have our houseboy drive us.

For LCY we actually use the DLR from Bank.

Today to get to LGW I had Tomasz drive me.
Old Nov 30, 06, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy View Post

Enjoy your trip to the Keys.

What happened to the Arse at Fulham last night?
Old Nov 30, 06, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19300 Lifetime TPs
I don't think I'm anybody's Mucci, but anyway...

Didn't Fraser do his dissertation on just this subject, using FT as his sample? (such a skewed sample in so many ways....)

In answer (from Twickenham to LHR) usually by bus to and then Tube from Hounslow East. If travelling with lots of luggage, a minicab. If its an early start and the client's paying, a pre-booked black cab to (but rarely from; too much trouble finding it and too much expense racked up).

If going to LGW, normally GatEx; minicab if luggage-laden.
Old Nov 30, 06, 4:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post
I bet BAGoldBoy doesn't have as many Mucci awards as me.
The only reason that you think you have so many Muci awards is because HRH keeps dumping you because you are a feckless old bag of wind

I think that Pucci called you a peach only because your ego is so easily bruised and that even with proper care you don't stay ripe for long

And in answer to HRH's question - LHR: usually taxi, LGW: always car but try to use public transport whenever possible - for example BCN has easy train connection to the city

Last edited by BAGoldBoy; Nov 30, 06 at 5:04 am
Old Nov 30, 06, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post
What happened to the Arse at Fulham last night?
Arsenal till I die, I'm Arsenal till I die. You'll be laughing on the other side of your face come Saturday.
Old Nov 30, 06, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
I think I qualified for a mucci in a post about adopting our little boy - or was it the post where I used the word TWADDLE to describe some current enhancement.

If it's work travel I drive 18 miles to EDI and park in the short stay.

If it's leisure I get a local cab who have a fixed rate from home to EDI!
Old Nov 30, 06, 5:01 am

Programs: BA, BMI, NZ, SQ
Living 20 minutes from LHR,it's nearly always a minicab for me.
Old Nov 30, 06, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy View Post
Is Tomasz a former LOT crew member? Or is he a Wizzair man may be?

Is he not jealous of Mark the BA man?

Do you have a Helmut from Lufthansa that services you too?
Old Nov 30, 06, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy View Post

The only reason that you think you have so many Muci awards is because HRH keeps dumping you because you are a feckless old bag of wind
If you can't even spell Mucci ....

Jealousy doesn't become you. Take it like a man and turn your attentions to other FTers. I understand VC10 Boy is always open to new propositions.
Old Nov 30, 06, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post

Is he not jealous of Mark the BA man?

Do you have a Helmut from Lufthansa that services you too?
Try and keep up Smirnoff, Tomasz is our houseboy. We have had him for four years which I know did make him an illegal as Poland wasn't in the EU in those days. When we took him on he didn't even know how to pour a bottle of wine and thought you could put Saint Louis crystal in the dishwasher! Yet he has come on in leaps and bounds and in January we are even sending him on a flower arranging course, although this is more in an attempt to cut back on our floral bill. We also paid for his driving lessons so now he is on call to pick us up in the West End in the early hours. It makes it so much easier for getting back to Dulwich.
Old Nov 30, 06, 5:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Tomasz is the Polish houseboy - how could you forget

Search this Thread
Search Engine: