Same PNR or go seperate?

Old Nov 30, 06, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS, EK
Same PNR or go seperate?

Morning Guys

My parents asking what the best way is to make a booking for them.

The old man is travelling over to the UK WTP as its reimbursed by the company and he wants to use his miles to upgrade to club. Now my mother wants to come to and she will pay for her own WTP and also use miles to upgrade. His dates are certain and my mother may want to stay a bit longer or be able to change her return date. Should I book them together under the same PNR or is it better to do it seperately? I wasn't sure if under the same PNR if you had to both travel at the same times.

How would it work with getting seats for them if they are under seperate PNR's? He's Silver and mum is lowely Blue, although on my tips gleaned from FT she should make silver!

Other question is as he has to pay for his WTP ticket and then get it reimbursed, but the company will only pay for WTP and yet his booking will show Club. Is there a way of getting some kind of receipt for WTP? Or can he make the booking in WTP get the receipt and then after do the upgrade to Club with the miles?

Thanks in advance oh noble ones.
BF
Old Nov 30, 06, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Definitely use one PNR, otherwise your mother won't be able to select a seat under the new rules.

If your father needs to change his dates they can always break the PNR into two seperate ones at a later date.

As for the reclaiming money side of things, suggest that you book WT+ online then call to upgrade to club with miles after that (although there's always the risk that the seats will no longer be available....)
Old Nov 30, 06, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS, EK
Date changes have to be done before outbound travel, is that correct?

If thats the case, having to split the PNR's before outbound means she wont get the same seating options as the old man. Or can the date change be done after outbound travel?

Thanks again
BF
Old Nov 30, 06, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I beleive that's correct - do it afterwards and you lose the upgrade.

However, if they book together, get the seats sorted THEN split the PNR I can't see why the allocation would be lost for your mum if she's still blue tier. (Note I don't know this for sure, it just seems to add up as once a seat is assigned, the seat shifters cannot undo the change).
Old Nov 30, 06, 5:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
As air travel is VAT-exempt, there's no VAT receipt - work always just accept the e-ticket receipt that you get e-mailed. And that's easily doctored to show whatever class of travel you like. A credit-card bill won't show class of travel, if they're anal enough to want to see that.

Search this Thread