FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Editor In Chief of Business Traveller Responds to FT Comments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/630368-editor-chief-business-traveller-responds-ft-comments.html)

krug Nov 29, 2006 5:59 am

Editor In Chief of Business Traveller Responds to FT Comments

Tom Otley, editor in chief of Business Traveller, is now a member of FT!

He has responded to recent criticism in this thread:

Business Traveller Review of AA Business and First Class

krug Nov 29, 2006 6:28 am

Though this is worth reading again:

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Then why waste the trees and put the review in the magazine. Under this premise, here is a sample BT review:

I had to attend a conference in HKG on BT business, but I choose the new Oasis Hong Kong service as I know many readers are interested in how this new airline is performing and what it is like. Seeing that I was going to be away for a week and my girlfriend hates me to be away for such a time, my girlfriend and I had a very, very late night if you know what I mean.

My girlfriend dropped me off at the airport in her car the next day so I could get a little extra loving before I left - Oasis may have some type of free or discounted offer with Gatwick Express or perhaps a car service, but since I didnt use it I'm not really sure.

Check in was as normal as it could be for one who is walking with a Red Alert hangover, so I didnt really keep track of how long I waited in line. In terms of seating, I didn't bother to enquire about preferred seats since I was just glad to be on my way.

As mentioned, after drinking heavily all night and shagging the little lady, I was about to go into a coma, so I figured it was better to go right to the gate than the lounge. Come to think of it I'm not even sure they had one - perhaps you have to pay extra for it - or maybe that's the amenity kit. Some fellow passengers were talking about paying for something, so it may have been the lounge.

I boarded the flight and with my head still quaking at an 8.6 level I really couldn't take notice of the cabin layout or any details. After sitting down, I passed out as soon as I buckled my seat belt so I cant really give an advice on whether the seat has decent recline. I actually woke up about 20 minutes before landing in Hong Kong, so I supposed they served meals, but again can't be sure how many meals were served, if they charge for meals or drinks and anything about what was served.

Having forgotten to take my suitcase out of my girlfriend's car when she dropped me off, I am not sure if Oasis offers priority luggage or not.

My recollection is the flight was more or less on time, however, I fell asleep before push back, and my watch is still at the girlfriend's apartment so I am not really sure if we arrived on schedule to HKG.

As the primary purpose of this trip was to attend a convention, I hope you don't mind that my report omits some elements of the Oasis service, however I am sure in sum it will provide you a good insight into the new carrier.

elitetraveler Nov 29, 2006 10:42 pm

Krug - we really should go to Hollywood and write screenplays -- I still chuckle when I think about our collaboration on "A Few Good Men." While the above was a solo effort, i always welcome the opportunity to work with you to marry popular culture with our obsession for miles, tier points and flat bed business class seats.:cool: