BA PJ's & socks

Old Nov 28, 06, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

BA PJ's & socks

Could someone please tell me what colour the PJ's & the socks are in BA first class?
Also what extras can one get for the toiletry bag?
Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 28, 06, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Silver)
Try and do a search (yes I know it's a bit off at times but it does work) first before asking questions that may have been answered before, many times in some cases. Oh is that a cattle prod I can hear being turned on?

Oh okay here you go to get you started:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...3&page=1&pp=15

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...8&page=2&pp=15

And unless there has been a change then the socks match the BAg and are brown.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Nov 28, 06 at 5:41 pm
Old Nov 28, 06, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
The PJ's are Navy Blue with a pale gold trim around the neck, the new slippers match with a similar pale gold trim. The socks are in a dark brown colour (politeness limits the description of the shade of brown) which look absolutely horrible in contrast with the PJ's. The current BAg is smaller than older designs and like the eyeshade is of a similar colour to the socks.
Old Nov 28, 06, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Silver)
I'd noticed the BAg was smaller, I assumed this was due to the incomming new supplier of the products that fill it and removal of the inserts.
Old Nov 28, 06, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat/QF Lifetime Gold/Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Accor Plat, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
The blue PJs are on the medium end of first class PJs, IMO, a step doen fro the original PJs (in thinkness and softneess) and a step up from their predessor PJs.

My only advice about the PJs, is that they have two sizes and they are not ideally matched (but, then try and compare them to JL, where I find even the large size to be small, and I a size 44 US/54 EU)...the large bottoms are designed for basketball players, they are so long...so, a mixing of the top (large) and bottom (small) probably fits the "average man", not that I presume to be him (or her, seeeing that the PJs are unisex).

The current brown socks are an ugly color, but who waers them out of plane or home? IMO, the socks are among the best socks in the sky -- real socks -- which I wear around the cold confines of my Boston home in cozy non-style fashion.

Lastly, the color coding is about the annual(ish) change of the designs of everything, and so maybe the BAgs are smaller, but they are about the same; the big new cost-savings thing introduced a few years ago was that you now have to ask for anything but the minimal inserts, so ask. I find the BAgs are great for storing things for future travel, from chargers to whatever, and so are the inserts.

The BA eye shades, IMO, are amongst the best in the sky, with their terricloth support.

Have a great trip.
Old Nov 29, 06, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by nologic
The blue PJs are on the medium end of first class PJs, IMO, a step doen fro the original PJs (in thinkness and softneess) and a step up from their predessor PJs.

My only advice about the PJs, is that they have two sizes and they are not ideally matched (but, then try and compare them to JL, where I find even the large size to be small, and I a size 44 US/54 EU)...the large bottoms are designed for basketball players, they are so long...so, a mixing of the top (large) and bottom (small) probably fits the "average man", not that I presume to be him (or her, seeeing that the PJs are unisex).

The current brown socks are an ugly color, but who waers them out of plane or home? IMO, the socks are among the best socks in the sky -- real socks -- which I wear around the cold confines of my Boston home in cozy non-style fashion.

Lastly, the color coding is about the annual(ish) change of the designs of everything, and so maybe the BAgs are smaller, but they are about the same; the big new cost-savings thing introduced a few years ago was that you now have to ask for anything but the minimal inserts, so ask. I find the BAgs are great for storing things for future travel, from chargers to whatever, and so are the inserts.

The BA eye shades, IMO, are amongst the best in the sky, with their terricloth support.

Have a great trip.
I think the CX eye shades are better as they have an adjustable strap.

Big head? Moi?!

Mat
Old Nov 29, 06, 2:28 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I agree the BA socks are the best around. Much more comfy than others I have tried and they don't make your feet itch.

Maybe the BAgs are smaller because they can now save BA tuppence a BAg
Old Nov 29, 06, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Moomba
I agree the BA socks are the best around. Much more comfy than others I have tried and they don't make your feet itch.

Maybe the BAgs are smaller because they can now save BA tuppence a BAg
The socks themselves are great, and I have lots of the old ones which I use on a regular basis. Sadly my collection of the old blue ones has now just about reached the end of their "life", but the grey and beige ones are still going strong.

The brown ones are a lot less wearable however. The J socks and other amenities are far more neutral in colour.

I love the BA Eyeshade, but also prefer the adjustable Cathay design. The best PJ's I have found are the QF ones, which are perfectly sized and not garish in colour.

The older BAgs were great for storing cables and laptop bits and pieces, but the new smaller size makes them slightly less useful.
Old Nov 29, 06, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Blue.
Originally Posted by nologic
The current brown socks are an ugly color, but who waers them out of plane or home? .
I confess - I do....

I wear them on my dog walks - don't appear to slip inside my wellies.... unlike normal socks which end up coming off my feet...

Search this Thread