Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Borrowing a power supply on board - or can I buy at LHR

Borrowing a power supply on board - or can I buy at LHR

Old Oct 24, 2006, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
...be an 'amber gambler'...
Surely you don't really drive around in a lurid lime coloured 1978 Fiesta. Though maybe you do have the dodgy hat and moustache though.

The explanation is here

Originally Posted by BOH
Why isn't the in-seat power 110VAC using the standard US style 2-pin sockets?
Er.. because it's British Airways.

3 pins and 220V please.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 7:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat, AA Plat, BA Gold, etc.
I am not sure if this is still the case, but several months ago most of the shops did not have scissors/box cutters. I remember boarding a flight and the guy next to me was trying to open the vacuum-sealed hard plastic container that the power adaptor was in with a Bic pen. He finally got it open several hours into the flight, hands bloodly and covered in ink!

Good luck....
Old Oct 24, 2006, 7:13 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by phillipas
Er.. because it's British Airways.

3 pins and 220V please.
Ah, but the US style 2-pin is much more universally acceptable and I would guess everyone travelling to the USA will have a 2-pin >> their country plug adaptor.

If you were going to choose just one type of socket for the seat I would assume the US 2-pin would be the the most universally acceptable. Anyways, 110V is a much safer voltage to have around humans rather than 220-240VAC.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qzwx
I am not sure if this is still the case, but several months ago most of the shops did not have scissors/box cutters. I remember boarding a flight and the guy next to me was trying to open the vacuum-sealed hard plastic container that the power adaptor was in with a Bic pen. He finally got it open several hours into the flight, hands bloodly and covered in ink!

Good luck....
Amazing what you can do with a key and the blunt nosed scissors from the UD medical kit. That kept me and the purser amused for about 5 minutes.

I got the Kensington works-on-everything kit from Dixons. Didn't like the one offered on board quite so much. 2.75 presentations now done, another hour before sleep.

Last edited by Swanhunter; Oct 24, 2006 at 1:55 pm
Old Oct 24, 2006, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phillipas
Surely you don't really drive around in a lurid lime coloured 1978 Fiesta. Though maybe you do have the dodgy hat and moustache though.
Neither sadly, though that has given me an idea.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.