Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Borrowing a power supply on board - or can I buy at LHR

Borrowing a power supply on board - or can I buy at LHR

Old Oct 24, 06, 7:40 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,762
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
...be an 'amber gambler'...
Surely you don't really drive around in a lurid lime coloured 1978 Fiesta. Though maybe you do have the dodgy hat and moustache though.

The explanation is here

Originally Posted by BOH
Why isn't the in-seat power 110VAC using the standard US style 2-pin sockets?
Er.. because it's British Airways.

3 pins and 220V please.
phillipas is offline  
Old Oct 24, 06, 8:10 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: IAD, HEL
Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat, AA Plat, BA Gold, etc.
Posts: 67
I am not sure if this is still the case, but several months ago most of the shops did not have scissors/box cutters. I remember boarding a flight and the guy next to me was trying to open the vacuum-sealed hard plastic container that the power adaptor was in with a Bic pen. He finally got it open several hours into the flight, hands bloodly and covered in ink!

Good luck....
qzwx is offline  
Old Oct 24, 06, 8:13 am
  #18  
BOH
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Posts: 7,074
Originally Posted by phillipas
Er.. because it's British Airways.

3 pins and 220V please.
Ah, but the US style 2-pin is much more universally acceptable and I would guess everyone travelling to the USA will have a 2-pin >> their country plug adaptor.

If you were going to choose just one type of socket for the seat I would assume the US 2-pin would be the the most universally acceptable. Anyways, 110V is a much safer voltage to have around humans rather than 220-240VAC.
BOH is offline  
Old Oct 24, 06, 2:46 pm
  #19  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: SE1, London
Posts: 21,888
Originally Posted by qzwx
I am not sure if this is still the case, but several months ago most of the shops did not have scissors/box cutters. I remember boarding a flight and the guy next to me was trying to open the vacuum-sealed hard plastic container that the power adaptor was in with a Bic pen. He finally got it open several hours into the flight, hands bloodly and covered in ink!

Good luck....
Amazing what you can do with a key and the blunt nosed scissors from the UD medical kit. That kept me and the purser amused for about 5 minutes.

I got the Kensington works-on-everything kit from Dixons. Didn't like the one offered on board quite so much. 2.75 presentations now done, another hour before sleep.

Last edited by Swanhunter; Oct 24, 06 at 2:55 pm
Swanhunter is offline  
Old Oct 24, 06, 2:56 pm
  #20  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: SE1, London
Posts: 21,888
Originally Posted by phillipas
Surely you don't really drive around in a lurid lime coloured 1978 Fiesta. Though maybe you do have the dodgy hat and moustache though.
Neither sadly, though that has given me an idea.
Swanhunter is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: