Wiki Posts
Search

Guests in F lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, BA, VS
Guests in F lounge?

The Mrs-to-be and I are travelling in F. We have travelling companions booked on the same flight travelling in Club World. Will they be able to join us as guests in the F lounge? None of us has status, but 3 of us do have Qantas club cards, if that helps...
Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:45 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Are you travelling out of LHR T4? If so you can use the Concorde Room, and each person travelling in F is allowed one guest, regardless of your status.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, BA, VS
Originally Posted by schofs
Are you travelling out of LHR T4? If so you can use the Concorde Room, and each person travelling in F is allowed one guest, regardless of your status.
Yes out of T4. However the 4 companions travelling with us are booked in CW but only 2 of us in F unfortunately...

Last edited by MarkUK; Sep 4, 2006 at 9:49 am Reason: to make more sense
Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:52 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
If they have top tier status (and not just the base level cards) they may be eligible to get into the F lounge.

If not however, I don't think that they'd let you take an extra 2 guests above the allowed number into the lounge. You can always ask at the door tho.

I've occasionally brought in 1 extra guest, but I do feel I'm taking advantage.

At least the other two (or all of you) can use the Terraces (Business lounge)
Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by MarkUK
Yes out of T4. However the 4 companions travelling with us are booked in CW but only 2 of us in F unfortunately...
2 of them can come in with you then...the other 2 will have to languish in those squalid little Terraces
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:01 am

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
Originally Posted by schofs
If they have top tier status (and not just the base level cards) they may be eligible to get into the F lounge.
You mean the black hole of Calcutta F lounge? The one below the Concorde room that's always so busy you can't get a seat? And if you do its next so some bloke shouting into his mobile "ya, ya, just got to the First class lounge, Ya ya."
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:07 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Originally Posted by MarkUK
The Mrs-to-be and I are travelling in F. We have travelling companions booked on the same flight travelling in Club World. Will they be able to join us as guests in the F lounge? None of us has status, but 3 of us do have Qantas club cards, if that helps...
The official answer is No, but as with all of these type of situations you can ask nicely and you may get the answer you want but if you don't smile nicely and walk away.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
I think the official answer is yes (to two)! Didn't Lyndsay confirm that if you are in First you may invite someone to join you (irrespective of status) into the first/concorde lounge (preferably if they are on the same flight as you and there is room)...

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_gb

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413293
Old Sep 4, 2006, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by r281
I think the official answer is yes (to two)! Didn't Lyndsay confirm that if you are in First you may invite someone to join you (irrespective of status) into the first/concorde lounge (preferably if they are on the same flight as you and there is room)...
Isn't this what we all said above ?! The issue is the number of guests...one per F pax is what the lounge rules say - the OP (+1) wants to bring in 4 people though.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by whmere
You mean the black hole of Calcutta F lounge? The one below the Concorde room that's always so busy you can't get a seat? And if you do its next so some bloke shouting into his mobile "ya, ya, just got to the First class lounge, Ya ya."
This just made me laugh out loud.

One of the best things about BA moving the SFO flights from T4 to T1 is that the First lounge in T1 is a lot nicer. Still gets a bit busy but finding a seat doesn't seem as awkward as it is in that T4 lounge.

Mind you, I did hear a suited "warrior" fire a member of staff via his mobile from the T1 First lounge a couple of months back. Much abusive yelling about how much money the (soon-to-be ex) member of staff had cost his company followed by loud calls to his minions and HR department to get the guy fired.

Eventually one of the BA First Lounge staff had to come over to discretely ask him to continue his calls in one of the phone booths in the far corner. He initially refused but then noticed everyone glaring at him and slunk off.

Classy guy.

Scott...
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by smackie
Mind you, I did hear a suited "warrior" fire a member of staff via his mobile from the T1 First lounge a couple of months back.
I had a similar experience in the T4 Terraces at gate 1 last month - not so loud, but certainly he was sorting a lot of office politics out as well as getting somebody the boot. Seemed to have his wife with him too - bizzare.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Isn't this what we all said above ?! The issue is the number of guests...one per F pax is what the lounge rules say - the OP (+1) wants to bring in 4 people though.
Oops - sorry didn't read them carefully...
Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:40 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by smackie
Eventually one of the BA First Lounge staff had to come over to discretely ask him to continue his calls in one of the phone booths in the far corner.
Phone booths - remember them? You weren't disturbed by those around you, and those around you weren't disturbed by you. Now there's a thought.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BAAZ
Phone booths - remember them? You weren't disturbed by those around you, and those around you weren't disturbed by you. Now there's a thought.

Oh yes. And you could pee on the floor, and scratch your name on the windows.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Oh yes. And you could pee on the floor, and scratch your name on the windows.
If it's not poo you're talking about- it's pee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.