OT: Maxjet to start Stansted - Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA & VS
OT: Maxjet to start Stansted - Las Vegas

Didn't see this one coming!

http://www.maxjet.com/staticFullWidt...tLasVegas.html

Starting November 2, 2006, you now have another non-stop travel choice between Las Vegas and London! MAXjet’s All Business Class provides low fares AND direct service on Monday and Thursday between London and Las Vegas. Our business class fares start at just $1999 round-trip or £999 return, including all government taxes and fees.

Fly in style between London and Vegas! MAXjet provides a complete luxury business-class experience with plenty of legroom, spacious deep-recline seats, four-course gourmet meals, complimentary premium alcohol, on-demand entertainment and outstanding customer service. All for a very affordable price.

TO: Las Vegas - Every Monday & Thursday

FromToAirlineFlightDepartsArrives
STN - LAS MAXjet 711 1300 1700
LAS - STN MAXjet 710 1930 1230
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:24 am
Suspended

Sounds awesome - FT do, anyone???
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Hmmm

Having flown Maxjet on the JFK route and back a number of times and been quite impressed, this is interesting.

My brother wants to go to Vegas for his 21st b'day in december, and I was going to do BA MFUs for the pair of us to LAX or similar, then hire a car or get a connecting flight (dont want to fly beardo airways if I can help it really )

Might do it on maxjet now and save some miles- quite timely. And the price is right!
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
A great idea from Maxjet. I'm sure they'll prove to be popular, vastly cheaper than Virgin Upper Class, not too much more than VS PE and judging by the maxjet trip reports they have a better product for a similar price when compared to BD.

Still the issue of no miles and having to depart from Stansted, but given it's a leisure-driven route i'm sure many will be happy to go to from Stansted.

Good luck to them, and i'm sure i'll be enjoying a visit to Las Vegas with them in 2007.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:49 am

Paging Flyclub
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
Paging Flyclub
Ah you beat me to it!
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdorling
A great idea from Maxjet. I'm sure they'll prove to be popular, vastly cheaper than Virgin Upper Class, not too much more than VS PE and judging by the maxjet trip reports they have a better product for a similar price when compared to BD.

Still the issue of no miles and having to depart from Stansted, but given it's a leisure-driven route i'm sure many will be happy to go to from Stansted.

Good luck to them, and i'm sure i'll be enjoying a visit to Las Vegas with them in 2007.
I agree Maxjet gets some great reviews, I am still a fan of bmi's "the business" especially if you can get a round trip for under $500....

"the business" trip report
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Fraser
Ah you beat me to it!
OMG! Woooooo! Las Vegas

My Prayers have been answered plus its not on Virgin.

As far as a 'Do' is concerned it - WILL - happen although lets not be too hasty with the planning just yet as this month is working out quite pricey for one reason or another with trips for early next year!

A cracking price and a good length of flight as well for the Business class product. This truly is unsurpassed.

Monday to Thursday would be a good trip for the best hotel deals or for a touch more atmosphere and a party crowd, Thursday to Monday would be a good choice.

Last edited by flyclub; Aug 29, 2006 at 10:13 am
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyclub
....this month is working out quite pricey for one reason or another with trips for early next year!
Plus the not inconsiderable dry cleaning bill this thread has no doubt generated....

As my tickets to see Barry Manilow in www.musicandpassion.com were returned (he is having a hip operation - the first legitimate use of the words "hip" and "Barry Manilow" in the same sentence) I may have to pop over again around Easter next year.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:17 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Why does a Biz class route for Maxjet to LAS make sense, but not for BA? I thought the main prob with BA not flying there, was the lack of premium pax to make it viable. Or staff rotation problems, or too many planes reqd. for India & China, or something.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
great news, especially with decent VS J fares on the route (or award tickets) virtually non existent. May give it a try on the return from my AA fare error trip over new year.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Maybe this means MaxJet is doing pretty well after all
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tristan727
Why does a Biz class route for Maxjet to LAS make sense, but not for BA? I thought the main prob with BA not flying there, was the lack of premium pax to make it viable. Or staff rotation problems, or too many planes reqd. for India & China, or something.
It might be viable, but perhaps not as viable as destinations that attract more business pax. I've not been to LAS so am speaking on second hand info, but other than conference traffic it doesn't seem to be a big biz travel destination.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
It might be viable, but perhaps not as viable as destinations that attract more business pax. I've not been to LAS so am speaking on second hand info, but other than conference traffic it doesn't seem to be a big biz travel destination.
Convention traffic alone is pretty significant, even from UK and then you have people going on special occasions who are willing to splash out extra. I think this service will do well - given the cheapest J seats on VS are around £2700 return - and J is always pretty full on this route in VS.

BA WT+ to J MFU (or J to F in the club sales where possible) via PHX (or LAX) is also good value.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by tristan727
Indeed. I have been piping on about this for years.

I really cannot see why BA cannot at least match Maxjet with a twice weekly service. I'm not asking for a four cabin affair - three will do quite nicely. Maybe pull one of the 777's from Orlando and alternate it on this route....

Hopefully now that the UK has no less than three scheduled airlines flying direct to Las Vegas it might start ringing some bells at BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.