Wiki Posts
Search

BA Silver, but flying KLM?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Question BA Silver, but flying KLM?

Hi All,

I am a BA Silver holder. I sometimes fly KLM and was wondering if i could use the BA lounge if i was flying KLM since the KLM gate is right outside the BA lounge in LHR. I'm guessing no, but it was worth asking..
Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
You are correct.

KLM are not part of OneWorld so you cannot use the BA lounge.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:11 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
You could if you were Gold though.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tristan727
..but only the Terraces.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
..but only the Terraces.
And no guests either, as I found out last weekend.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 12:14 pm
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by tristan727
Hey I guess this means my blagging skills aren't terribly bad as I got in the Iberia lounge as a BA Exec Gold at FRA for a KL flight to AMS.

Now that I think of it, that shouldn't have happened, right? I think I made some excuse that the BA lounge was in the non-Schengen side and as we were in Schengen, etc. etc.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 12:20 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by vla
Hey I guess this means my blagging skills aren't terribly bad as I got in the Iberia lounge as a BA Exec Gold at FRA for a KL flight to AMS.

Now that I think of it, that shouldn't have happened, right? I think I made some excuse that the BA lounge was in the non-Schengen side and as we were in Schengen, etc. etc.
I'd say your blagging skills are pretty good as some IB employees do their best to deny even those entitled to use the lounge to get in.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
I'd say your blagging skills are pretty good as some IB employees do their best to deny even those entitled to use the lounge to get in.
^
Old Aug 18, 2006, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by vla

The other day me, another gold card holder and one guest were flying with a non-OW carrier and we all got into the IB lounge @ BCN. I knew we weren't entitled to use the lounge, but it doesn't hurt to try.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 1:34 pm

I've managed to get into the BA lounge at DXB while connecting with EK, but it wasn't around the time BA flys, so the lounge was very quiet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.