FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Help with OnBusiness (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/591995-help-onbusiness.html)

whmere Aug 18, 2006 6:06 am

Help with OnBusiness

Anyone have a multi-country OnBusiness account?

I just reactivated mine from a couple of years back and it has rejected all my EU purchased tickets (its a US based account).

The thing is, I have employees in Switzerland, Germany, the UK & Ireland. Any idea how I could set up my OnBusiness account so I can credit all their activity to it?

schofs Aug 18, 2006 8:58 am

Hmm don't know - mine rejects everything ticketed outside the UK - it's a pain.

vSFU Aug 18, 2006 9:40 am

Unfortunately the T&C's states the following:

"Eligible Flight" or "Eligible British Airways Fare" means a flight purchased in and originating from the Territory for which We are both the marketing carrier and operating carrier (or which is operated on Our behalf by an Eligible Airline) taken in booking classes F, J, C, W, Y, A, D, I, T, B, H, K, M, R, L, V, S, N, Q, O, G;

and Territory is defined as:

"Territory" means the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland;"
Therefore ex-EU flights receive zero points :td:

Cyba Aug 18, 2006 11:18 am

Originally Posted by vSFU
Unfortunately the T&C's states the following:

"Eligible Flight" or "Eligible British Airways Fare" means a flight purchased in and originating from the Territory for which We are both the marketing carrier and operating carrier (or which is operated on Our behalf by an Eligible Airline) taken in booking classes F, J, C, W, Y, A, D, I, T, B, H, K, M, R, L, V, S, N, Q, O, G;

and Territory is defined as:

"Territory" means the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland;"
Therefore ex-EU flights receive zero points :td:

This enhancement happened at the beginning of the year and coincided with teh re-launch of the website. Since then the above applies but prior to that the system didn't discriminate on this basis at all.

whmere Aug 18, 2006 11:55 am

So I guess I have to open an account in each territory? There must be a better way. Surely I'm not the only company with multiple employees in multiple countries. What is OnBusiness for?

Land-of-Miles Aug 18, 2006 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by whmere
So I guess I have to open an account in each territory? There must be a better way. Surely I'm not the only company with multiple employees in multiple countries. What is OnBusiness for?

A question I asked myself. The answer incidentally was "not for me". I am cashing out my OB points with a return in F to Oz for my other half and that's it for me. One less reason for my company to fly BA.