Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whose problem is security anyway?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2006, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Whose problem is security anyway?

Just a thought that under international convention, it is the aircraft operator that is responsible for security. This, in the case of BAA, is then contracted to BAA as a requirement of using their airport (I believe). So, BAA are a sub-contractor that BA has failed to audit to check that they have the resources to cope with a sudden security alert like this.

I wonder if there are any Ts and Cs which can be used against BAA at this point. No doubt Mr MOL is having a thought about this.

However, blame the subcontractor culture would appear to be on us!

Remember, BA could relocate its entire operation to LCY or LTN if it was unhappy with the Terms and Conditions. Manston anyone?
Old Aug 18, 2006, 2:58 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by spotwelder

Remember, BA could relocate its entire operation to LCY or LTN if it was unhappy with the Terms and Conditions. Manston anyone?
Well after everyone starts jumping ship when the stupid baggage weight restrictions come into force in October, BA operations might well fit one of those airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.