Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OT: Did a German beat you to your favourite seat on your last flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Did a German beat you to your favourite seat on your last flight?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2006, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Talking OT: Did a German beat you to your favourite seat on your last flight?

http://www.eruditiononline.com/portf..._german_ba.htm

Old Aug 17, 2006, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA, UA
after about 20 sectors in/out of German Flughaefen, yes, it's happened

At least they can't nab 1A on a BA short haul Boeing
Old Aug 17, 2006, 3:47 pm

Programs: LH, BA, DL
I love the picture - but Vorsicht (if not Achtung) - don't generalize. And whatever you do - DON'T MENTION THE WAR!!!
Old Aug 17, 2006, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
dear dear dear.

reminds me of a series of cartoons i saw in the telegraph at end of 2003 summarising best cartoons of the year.

one had the classic "two guys in a pub" scenario with the wording:

"1966. 2003. isn't it about time we let someone else have a go?!"
Old Aug 18, 2006, 12:38 am

.........Have your good friend Hermann or Wolfgang throw a towel on your favourite seat about twelve hours before your flight and you'll be okay!

Das ist so fantastisch!
Old Aug 18, 2006, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (just!), BA Amex PP, Amex Plat, Accor Fav Guest, Priority Club Platinum
Seeing as my most travelled international route in the past 2 years is the Easyjet seat scramble from Gatwick to Cologne, of course!!!

However, I have a cunning plan - on Easyjet flights ex-LGW, I always head for the back (not the last two rows, as the lockers often have crew bags). The twin advantages are: if the flight isn't packed to the gunnels, there's a higher chance of a spare seat next to you (especially as LGW always boards from the front); at many Easyjet out-stations, they're too tight to pay for the use of air-bridges, so you often get off at the back just as quickly.

Of course, if BA hadn't scrapped all German routes from LGW, I would be able to travel in relative luxury
Old Aug 18, 2006, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, Flyingblue Gold, Alitalia Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Talking

I thought it was an artist imporesison of future ryanair flights where you hire the chair before you board the aircraft, or pay 50p to bring your own chair onboard!

Old Aug 18, 2006, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
A German often beats me to the window seat, but as she lives with me I am not allowed to argue (it seems!)
Old Aug 18, 2006, 1:56 pm

Programs: If I don´t have it, I don´t need it!
Originally Posted by Raffles
A German often beats me to the window seat, but as she lives with me I am not allowed to argue (it seems!)
Same to me but vice versa. A Brit beats me to the window seat, but as she lives with me I am not allowed to argue too. That´s the way it is...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.