241 booking unavailable, and other questions

Old Aug 17, 06, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC: silver
241 booking unavailable, and other questions

Hi,

The EC phone line (option 1, option 1) says that booking a 241 flight is currently unavailable 'due to circumstances beyond their control'. Any idea how long this has been the case - are we talking hours, or days?

Incidentally, if there is no award availability on the website for a flight, then am I right in thinking you won't be able to get a 241 (plus award) ticket for that flight either?

Final question: can you book separate classes for outward and return when booking a 241 ticket?

Many thanks!
Old Aug 17, 06, 12:11 pm

No idea on the booking snafu, but can help on others:

Originally Posted by lowlyblue
Incidentally, if there is no award availability on the website for a flight, then am I right in thinking you won't be able to get a 241 (plus award) ticket for that flight either?
Correct - you need to find a flight with two award seats in the cabin of your choice.

Final question: can you book separate classes for outward and return when booking a 241 ticket?
Correct - I've done a couple of "mixed class" twofers
Old Aug 17, 06, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi,

The EC phone line (option 1, option 1) says that booking a 241 flight is currently unavailable 'due to circumstances beyond their control'. Any idea how long this has been the case - are we talking hours, or days?

Many thanks!
I've been trying to book a rtw ticket for one of the young DocHs and his friends by phone, but since the security problems, I have been told that they are unable to book other than in the next two days. Today however, I was able to book this. Hopefully that signals that booking will be back to normal soon.
Old Aug 17, 06, 3:48 pm
Bukhara

The regular sales line was 're-activated' on Tuesday.

However, the lines for redemption, shareholder and MOD bookings are still closed. You are kindly requested to, er, go online to make your 241 booking.....I would anticipate that the the lines for all bookings will be open again imminently.

Search this Thread