Complaint Reply Time

Old Aug 14, 06, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA-Gold, BD-*G, Hilton-Diamond, IHG-Plat-AMB
Question Complaint Reply Time

I flew to MAO last month and the flight was ridiculously delayed in both directions along with a number of other problems.

I sent a complaint to EC which they have obviously passed on to GBAirways as I've received an e-mail thanking me for my complaint and telling me that I can expect a reply in 6-8 weeks !!

Does anyone else think that 6-8 weeks is an entirely unacceptable time to wait for resolution.

I am inclined to bounce this back as a complaint to BA Customer Relations about GB Airways appalling customer relations.

Am I being unreasonable ?

Andy

Incidently does anyone know when GB Airways franchise is up for renewal or hopefully cancellation

Last edited by andygrist; Aug 14, 06 at 3:42 pm
Old Aug 14, 06, 3:23 pm
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by andygrist
I flew to MAO last month and the flight was ridiculously delayed in both directions along with a number of other problems.

I sent a complaint to EC which they have obviously passed on to GBAirways as I've recived an e-mail thanking me for my complaint and telling me that I can expect a reply in 6-8 weeks !!

Does anyone else think that 6-8 weeks is an entirely unacceptable time to wait for resolution.

I am inclined to bounce this back as a complaint to BA Customer Relations about GB Airways appaling customer relations.

Andy

Incidently does anyone know when GB Airways franchise is up for renewal or hopefully cancellation
Count yourself lucky they've promised you a further reply, rather than just saying "we've passed your comments on to the relevant managers"
Old Aug 14, 06, 3:23 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by andygrist

I sent a complaint to EC which they have obviously passed on to GBAirways as I've recived an e-mail thanking me for my complaint and telling me that I can expect a reply in 6-8 weeks !!

I am inclined to bounce this back as a complaint to BA Customer Relations about GB Airways appaling customer relations.

Andy

I've done this before and I don't think it's unacceptable as I actually received a decent "non-standard" reply. The franchise is up for renewal in 2010 and I really hope it continues - GB Airways is a great airline!
Old Aug 14, 06, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by SLF
Count yourself lucky they've promised you a further reply, rather than just saying "we've passed your comments on to the relevant managers"
Exactly - I'm very surprised you didn't get the category-detecting auto reply. I'd count myself lucky
Old Aug 14, 06, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTG + Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Well, you got a reply and they gave you a time period. I'd be inclined to wait and see what happens in that period. It's not as if you're waiting on something life-changing or which you must have this week right now in your hand or else...

Flight delays happen. Presumably they were "out of our control" or you'd have filed for/been given EU compensation already, in which case I'd say you're basically likely to get a response stating "sorry, these things happen". And maybe some duty free vouchers as a gesture of goodwill. I wouldn't hold out much hope for much compensation - sh!t happens as they say. But if you're lucky, you'll get that and a more detailed, personal reply which lists the circumstances and reasons (which, personally, is what I'd value more highly than some vouchers just out of curiosity).

Also, if you're thinking of "bouncing this back" to BA at the moment, I'd advise against it - they have far more important things to worry about (and complaints/rebookings for far worse delays) right now. I'd imagine such a "bounce" would go to a queue and not yield much for the 6-8 weeks anyway whilst the current mess continues.

I say, wait it out and give GB a chance to deliver a reply within the stated period - if they do, good for them for being accurate (even if you think it's a bit long personally). If they don't, you'd have cause to complain again more vociferously.

Search this Thread