Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Amenity kits still being handed out in F/J?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL

Or in other words, if I can't bring my own moisturizer and toothpaste on board, will I have them available from BA?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 3:35 pm

I was also wondering about this...

... always nice to have a wash, moisturise, teeth brush and mouthwash before landing... BUT could understand if they decided not to load them (hope that they would still supply the socks and sleep mask though...).

If they ARE still loading them, it might pursuade the mother-in-law to fly a bit more business class... she is thoroughly distraught about noth being able to take her moiturisers and potions on board with her. Her current clever idea is to try and smuggle some onboard hidden on her person (little trial size bottles/tubs)... expect to hear about her being caught and strip searched...

Boo
Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:34 am

Programs: Mucci - Princesse Aerienne
Yes, they are still being loaded.
Thank goodness as well, as the 'no liquids' policy also applies to your crew!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by Purserette
Thanks very much, Purserette. I just might be able to get back on a BA plane now! I have actually been considering switching all my travel to avoid the UK, which would result in the seriously unhappy prospect that I fail to re-qualify for BA Gold for 2007. That would be dreadful, but the prospect of flying from the US to Bombay with no lip balm is even worse!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 8:10 am

Programs: BA GOLD / MM SEN
just came in from phoenix yesterday in first..amenity kit loaded but no duvet in first. Service was great and flight only 2 hours late
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:29 am

Thank you Purserette, you are a star (as always)!

Will pass the news on to the M-I-L too...

Boo
Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Purserette
Thank you Purserette - glad to know we won't all shrivel up
Old Aug 15, 2006, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We have now been asked to remind customers who are transferring on to other flights that they must leave all creams and lotions from the washbags onboard and to not try and take them onto their next flight.
CIHY
Old Aug 15, 2006, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Amenities kit in F and J and PJs in F are being handed out. On arrival into JFK on Friday (when hand luggage was not allowed); you could spot all the F passengers clutching their PJs and Anya H toiletries bags and CW pax with the Molton Brown bags as no one had bags to carry these in until their bags came off the carousel.

Same on the way back. If anything, the BA182 only had the thinner day blankets on the overnight flight as oppose to the thicker night blankets. Just as well, I was dressed up in my VS PJs to keep me warm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.