Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charges for hi-value checked bags?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2006, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kennewick Guy
I'd suggest checking with your insurance company.
Good advice. Also, don't forget that any loss is subject to the deductible, which some have at $1000 or higher, and that the insurance industry is famous for using prior claims history to set future rates.

Also, many items have a low limit or are outrightly not covered (jewelry, watches, computers, many electronics, anything that is business-related, money and coins and securities/stocks are a few that come to mind).
Old Aug 12, 2006, 2:29 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
When I called BA today I was told that you are not covered at all and only for standard baggage.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 12:56 am

What about the second leg of a round trip? I am in London now, due to return to the US, and I have with me a laptop, a video camera, a mobile phone, etc. It's not reasonable to ask me to check in baggage containing thousands of dollars worth of equipment but deny me any kind of insurance to cover it. If we are forced to check these things in, the airline should be obliged to cover damage or loss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.