Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Report your new hand luggage experience here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2006, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM

Now that the new hand luggage policy has been in place for a few weeks, could people post your experience on how strict BA has been since the start of the policy?

The original thread is now over 45 pages so I am hoping we can have a thread just about people's experience since the start of the policy.

For example, during your flights do they count 22" including the end of the wheels? How reasonable /unreasonable have they been? etc...
Old Jul 19, 2006, 9:57 am

I took a friend to LHR T1 for a Domestic flight must have been the first day or two of the new rules - there were 2 angry looking staff in the BAA purple "Can I help you shirts" with huge yellow stickers in their hands, which said something along the lines off "baggage too big" but there was such a scrum I didn't wait around to see if anyone got "stickered"
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:19 am

LGW - AMS; new bag weighing-things in place. No-one used them. Staff did not check baggage size. My bag was possibly slightly above the new limit (but I didn't check).
AMS - LHR; new bag weighing-things in place. No-one used them. Staff did not check baggage size. My bag was possibly slightly above the new limit (but I didn't check).
LHR - SFO; new bag weighing-things in place. No-one used them. Staff did not check baggage size. My bag was possibly slightly above the new limit (but I didn't check).
SFO - LHR; new bag weighing-things in place. No-one used them. Staff did not check baggage size. My bag was possibly slightly above the new limit (but I didn't check).
LHR - AMS; new bag weighing-things in place. No-one used them. Staff did not check baggage size. My bag was possibly slightly above the new limit (but I didn't check).
AMS - LGW; new bag weighing-things in place. No-one used them. Staff did not check baggage size. My bag was possibly slightly above the new limit (but I didn't check).

No difficulties so far then...
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's all in the consistent implementation.....
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:45 am

Programs: SPG Pref+, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, BA Blue, AA Riff-Raff, UA Unwashed, Travel Anonymous Platinum
Talking

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
It's all in the consistent implementation.....
Sounds more like "consistent nonimplementation".
Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:09 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Don't we have to wait until 1st August when we can expect some renewed interest in this subject?
Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
LHR-BUD - wheelie just inside the maximum allowed and a small rucksack. No check in Zone R.

BUD-LHR - No check again, but they did announce the new rules before boarding.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:33 am

When they do start checking I'd imagine them to follow the rules to the letter until they get bored of playing with their new toy and just relax the policy again.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by BAW845_Matt
When they do start checking I'd imagine them to follow the rules to the letter until they get bored of playing with their new toy and just relax the policy again.
I agree - but only time will tell.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:50 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
LGW-MAD on Monday - F Check-in Desk - they asked if I had hand luggage - I showed them my case. They said "lovely".

They also gave me a leaflet explaining the new "enhancements" which I filed with everyone elses in the bins just before you show your boarding pass pre-security.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
No problems with my wheelie bag + laptop bag. No one queried the size.

Out of curiosity, I put my wheelie in the bag gauge placed airside just after T4 security. It fit in perfectly. ^
Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
LGW-MAD on Monday - F Check-in Desk - they asked if I had hand luggage - I showed them my case. They said "lovely".

They also gave me a leaflet explaining the new "enhancements" which I filed with everyone elses in the bins just before you show your boarding pass pre-security.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:31 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
So schofs, are we all supposed to re-post the same post after half an hour?
Old Jul 19, 2006, 1:14 pm

Hey! That might have been me - I was on the First Class desk for a couple of hours on Monday!

I've taken to using the leaflets for the checked baggage receipts - but what is important is getting the message across about the changes to checked baggage allowances in October. This is definitely to be the management's new toy!
Old Jul 19, 2006, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bealine
This is definitely to be the management's new toy!
And when the real fun is going to start.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.