FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Please Help - Majorly Confused! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/587841-please-help-majorly-confused.html)

tom139 Aug 8, 2006 9:19 am

Please Help - Majorly Confused!

I am trying to book some flights to Italy for next year and am going to be using some miles from my Air Miles Travel Company account earned through my credit card (not BA Exec Miles). I have been told that I will be booked into I class on the outbound and C on the inbound. Will I be able to earn BA miles and tier points? Neither BA or Airmiles are sure because "they're not together anymore"

Thanks,

tom139

DYKWIA Aug 8, 2006 9:23 am

Yes. I & C class both earn points and miles.

I got miles on an Air Miles redemption from MAN-FRA-MAN recently. Didn't get the tier points (and only 25% miles) because I was booked in a cheap economy class rather than CE.

Cheers,
Rick

Shuttle-Bored Aug 8, 2006 9:24 am

IIRC, Airmiles bookings now book into revenue buckets, so are eligible for earning BA Miles and TP (in line with the miles/tier points applicable to that fare bucket). I think it was Roger who highlighted this a while back.

Out of interest, how many Airmiles did that cost you? I've got about 4,500 of the buggers which it would be useful to shift.....

chris18london Aug 8, 2006 9:25 am

Originally Posted by tom139
I am trying to book some flights to Italy for next year and am going to be using some miles from my Air Miles Travel Company account earned through my credit card (not BA Exec Miles). I have been told that I will be booked into I class on the outbound and C on the inbound. Will I be able to earn BA miles and tier points? Neither BA or Airmiles are sure because "they're not together anymore"

Thanks,

tom139

Unless I'm mistaken, these aren't redemption fare codes, so .. I would guess yes?

tom139 Aug 8, 2006 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
IIRC, Airmiles bookings now book into revenue buckets, so are eligible for earning BA Miles and TP (in line with the miles/tier points applicable to that fare bucket). I think it was Roger who highlighted this a while back.

Out of interest, how many Airmiles did that cost you? I've got about 4,500 of the buggers which it would be useful to shift.....

Great thanks guys.

I have 11,000 and 15,000 was enough to get 4 adults in club. I haven't booked yet though (am paying 9,000 miles plus some cash). They break it down for you though and you could say book half with Airmiles and half with cash.

DYKWIA Aug 8, 2006 9:57 am

There are some great deals at the moment. MAN-FRA-MAN was 300 miles plus £55 tax, or 100 miles plus £69.

I've only got 500 or so, but I'll use them for some of these cheap euro weekends.

Cheers,
Rick

srbrenna Aug 8, 2006 9:58 am

I have a few of these but have looked at the website and they are only allowing you to book in Y online. Do you have to call up separately to book in J?

tom139 Aug 8, 2006 9:59 am

Originally Posted by srbrenna
I have a few of these but have looked at the website and they are only allowing you to book in Y online. Do you have to call up separately to book in J?

You do I'm afraid - rather annoying I know!!