Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

List of all known issues with ba.com (and related BA Policy)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver

Right, prompted by my other thread, I want to compile a complete list of limitations with ba.com and BA Policy - ideally as a sticky so that people can always refer to it.

Please post them in this thread, and I'll update this first post.

So, here goes.

Significant Issues
  1. [*]
  2. [*]
  3. [*]
  4. [*]
  5. [*]
  6. [*]
  7. [*]
  8. [*]
  9. [*]
  10. [*]
  11. [*]
  12. [*]
  13. [*]
  14. [*]

Minor Issues
  1. [*]
  2. [*]
  3. [*]
  4. [*]
  5. [*]
  6. [*]
  7. [*]

Beware of the following
These are not necessarily bugs with ba.com, but they are things to watch out for, and in some cases could cost you if not taken into account.
  1. [*]
  2. [*]
  3. [*]

Wishlist
  1. [*]
  2. [*]
  3. [*]
  4. [*]
  5. [*]
  6. [*]
  7. [*]
  8. [*]
  9. [*]

Last edited by schofs; Jun 14, 2007 at 10:36 am
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
WT+ tickets booked on BA.com and MFU'd sometimes / often don't post with the correct number of TPs. The ticket gets changed into U class and then seems to be treated as a redemption booking.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambuster
WT+ tickets booked on BA.com and MFU'd sometimes / often don't post with the correct number of TPs. The ticket gets changed into U class and then seems to be treated as a redemption booking.
Thanks - added
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by schofs
Right, prompted by my other thread, I want to compile a complete list of limitations with ba.com and BA Policy - ideally as a sticky so that people can always refer to it.

Please post them in this thread, and I'll update this first post.

BA charging 3 GBP credit card surcharge per person on a booking, when using the British Airways American Express card.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jameslon
BA charging 3 GBP credit card surcharge per person on a booking, when using the British Airways American Express card.
Not so much a bug, but a git to watch out for - I'll add it anyway
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Silver. Apparently.
OLCI - when the system allows

Apparently OLCI has undergone something of an enhancement recently.

One thing I'd like to have sorted is OLCI starting when advertised. BA makes a big play about how you can OLCI from anywhere, but in my experience this does NOT always begin at T-24 as advertised. Can be highly frustrating trying to OLCI for long haul. Sign of our times I suspect.

JA.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jock's Away

One thing I'd like to have sorted is OLCI starting when advertised. BA makes a big play about how you can OLCI from anywhere, but in my experience this does NOT always begin at T-24 as advertised. Can be highly frustrating trying to OLCI for long haul. Sign of our times I suspect.

JA.
Agreed - In my experience it's been better for the last few days, but I'll put a warning anyway
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:26 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Fare basis and cabin booked points

If you take an F fare from xxx to yyy with a via LON in it, it will probably give you the dreaded Club Europe warning about selected fare class not available. The F fare will then be downgraded to a JCDI basis and off you go. However, if you have paid for F on the Club Europe sector, shouldn't you get the tier points and miles for it????? See also WTPs off AMS booking into B but of course they should carry T mileage on the short haul sector as well.

There is a serious HOTAC (Hotel and Accommodation) error when booking flights that require overnights in LON as many of the FAJCDI fares should include a free night in the hotel, but the website gives the impression that you might have to pay yourself. For long day stops at LGW or LHR then you get a hotel as well, but this is not pointed out.

You cannot book out and backs under certain connecting times.

You cannot book tickets very close to departure, why the hell do you think that I live next to the damn airport? I am quite capable of booking a ticket, packing, getting to LGW and onto the aircraft in 45 minutes, if only it would sell me a ticket and then let me OLCI.

There are the usual errors in the fares looking like cheapies are available, then you select the relevant day to find full C only.

It will not let you mix and match classes of travel or flexibility of travel

It automatically sells you the "lowest" fare, despite the fact that you might want a YBH for points

You cannot book quite a lot of the 1W tickets with it.

and finally, I cannot determine if my guide dog with panniers attached will fit in the baggage gauge which should be available as a printable pdf, cut out and assemble puzzle for the kids to assemble at the weekend. Then we can all test out if we have been a couple of inches short of the most satisfying dimensions. For reference by our PlAAt chAAllenge friends, the lAAst point is slightly Off Topic.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
When an online function is not working you have to call and still pay 15GBP- even though BA.com problem!
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jock's Away

JA.
In fact add a note stating that once you have visited OLCI and checked your seat...no further changes can be made and you're stuffed, and you must proceed directly to the airport ! Enhanced, my backside
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by yyzlhr
When an online function is not working you have to call and still pay 15GBP- even though BA.com problem!
Yes, this is really bad. Sheraton are very good here, I believe they even compensate you, the customer, if their website is down and you call to book over the phone...no extra charge !
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
When I check for availability on MFU and there are no seats available, I have to click the Books Using Miles and Cash tab again and the fields 'to' and 'from' are blank again and the class defaults to Chaveller.

Edited : Also doesn't remember EC number and password when visitng BA.com after clicking the 'remember me' box

When there are no award seats available via MFU for a particular month, it would be good to be able to view the next month instead of the default message 'There are no seats available' - would be great to see the prices in the available dates boxes instead of having to get to the summary screen to see the total. A lot of times there are cheaper flights on the same day.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Excellent - added all of the above, and started a Wishlist
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:53 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Originally Posted by spotwelder
There is a serious HOTAC (Hotel and Accommodation) error when booking flights that require overnights in LON as many of the FAJCDI fares should include a free night in the hotel, but the website gives the impression that you might have to pay yourself. For long day stops at LGW or LHR then you get a hotel as well, but this is not pointed out.
Sorry, but this is a lot of news to me, can you elaborate a bit Spottie ?

(and can the info be included into the Ultimate Guide as well please) :-:
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Ooo didn't see spottie's email (it was so small ) - will look through it now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.