Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

List of all known issues with ba.com (and related BA Policy)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of all known issues with ba.com (and related BA Policy)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by spotwelder
If you take an F fare from xxx to yyy with a via LON in it, it will probably give you the dreaded Club Europe warning about selected fare class not available. The F fare will then be downgraded to a JCDI basis and off you go. However, if you have paid for F on the Club Europe sector, shouldn't you get the tier points and miles for it????? See also WTPs off AMS booking into B but of course they should carry T mileage on the short haul sector as well.
Added most of yours spottie, but with this one, aren't you only in effect paying for highest class (or, if the ticket price is cheaper or no different to if you were terminating in LON, aren't you getting it free?)
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
When doing an ex-EUR and taking advantage of the 24-hour rule so you can (in effect) overnight at LHR it's very hard to make the BA booking engine spit out the correct fare - and yet Expedia can do this very reliably simply by choosing each and very one of your flights.

Use BA.com to pick the same flights as Expedia and BA.com always seems to come out waaaaaay pricier.

So that'll be £15 to book on the phone please Mr BAHumbug.

Incidentally, I bet these £15's all over the place are why BA's share price is going up and up (and up).

BAH
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Know the new checked luggage policy hasn't come in yet, and I appreciate there's time for this to be adjusted, but on my PNR there is a notation "You may not purchase excess baggage online for this booking".

Perhaps somebody could confirm that this will be changed - even though new policy advised we would be able to do this from July (can't remember date) . If not, this is another thing we can't do online. If checking excess at airport it will be £24 more than online pre-booking.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:22 am
Original Poster

OK- think I'm up to date - thanks for you issues - keep them coming!
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Another annoyance I find, when you first login you get your nice BA gold (or silver/blue I guess) splash screen. However, click away to MMB or another area and even though are you logged on clicking "home" at the top takes you to the generic main screen, not the nice recently "enhanced" one.

Also for some unknown reason PNR's often do not appear under MMB and the exec club or web support are unable to fathom out why. The only way to access these bookings is via the front page with Surname/PNR.

Finally (for now) print/email e-ticket receipt brings up a new IE page with the dreaded "our systems are not responding" error
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by latitude
Another annoyance I find, when you first login you get your nice BA gold (or silver/blue I guess) splash screen. However, click away to MMB or another area and even though are you logged on clicking "home" at the top takes you to the generic main screen, not the nice recently "enhanced" one.
I think that's because the home page is the generic one, and your exec home page isn't the same as the ba.com home page. Will stand to be corrected tho as I may have misunderstood.

Also for some unknown reason PNR's often do not appear under MMB and the exec club or web support are unable to fathom out why. The only way to access these bookings is via the front page with Surname/PNR.
I've had a few like this - is it more than 9 months away? That's why I figured mine didn't show. I'll add this as a 9 month thing - if yours aren't in that criteria, I'll change it to a more general thing

Finally (for now) print/email e-ticket receipt brings up a new IE page with the dreaded "our systems are not responding" error
Well remembered - I'll add this too
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:42 am
Original Poster

PS Thanks to the mods for making this a sticky ^
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Wishlist from me:

1. Have 'Your Account' in the fancy new info box which follows you through the new/updated EC pages as an active link back to your EC homepage. Really, how hard is this? Right now, I have to expand the silly click-out on the left then click 'Home'. Minor, but bloody annoying I find.

2. Be able to sort PNRs in MMB...or at the very least, please just sort them in date of departure order as the most sensible option.

3. Make it so things post to my account again
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by schofs
I think that's because the home page is the generic one, and your exec home page isn't the same as the ba.com home page. Will stand to be corrected tho as I may have misunderstood.
No, you haven't misunderstood, but I would have assumed as the system realises you are "logged in", home would take you back to your exec home page...or maybe that is my personal preference of how it should work

I've had a few like this - is it more than 9 months away? That's why I figured mine didn't show. I'll add this as a 9 month thing - if yours aren't in that criteria, I'll change it to a more general thing
Yes, it was booked over 9 months in advance, however, I booked two at the same time, one appears fine, the other hasn't. Maybe someone else can provide input on this so we can work out if it is a 9 month thing, or generic with no method to the madness.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:00 am
Original Poster

No, you haven't misunderstood, but I would have assumed as the system realises you are "logged in", home would take you back to your exec home page...or maybe that is my personal preference of how it should work
I rely on this as being the only way now to book with money while logged in
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
You cannot book groups in mixed classes or fare codes on one booking
If you want to book for multiple people in different cabins, this is not possible without making multiple bookings.

If there are more people booking than tickets available in a certain fare bucket (e.g. Q - a cheap economy ticket), then ba.com will put ALL passengers in the lowest fare bucket that has enough availability. This could be Y for example - a difference of hundreds of pounds. To get around this, you have to find out the number of tickets available in each fare bucket (e.g. using Expert Flyer) and then make separate bookings.
Thanks for this thread, schofs, and thanks to the mods for making it a sticky. The "sticky of shame", really.

I have a comment about this one, though. It's not a bug and it's not an issue. This is simply the way that GDS systems work. Each flight booked has one line, which is a booking for all pax in the PNR in that booking class on that flight. It's the same feature that means that as soon as one pax wants to fly on a different date from another pax in the same PNR, the PNR has to be split into two.

Although it would be theoretically possible to write the software that allows the multiple underlying bookings to happen automatically, I haven't yet seen a single online booking engine that can do this, nor do TAs' interfaces let them do it. Apart from anything else, the software would have to be capable of returning multiple PNR locators, displaying each underlying booking separately, identifying which pax is on which locator, generating multiple confirmation emails etc.

Personally, I'd rather that the BA IT people spend their time and energy fixing things that should be fixed, rather than developing an innovative and unprecedented envelope feature for these bookings. It's bound to go wrong, anyway.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Now for the first of my gripes

1. FX displays with "+/- 0 days"

From the FX input page, if you enter "+/- 0 days" for both dates, it will bypass the calendar displays and go straight to the list of flights on the days you want. (This was a very sensible amendment made soon after FX was introduced, which I suggested at the time - and probably many others, given how quickly it was done. ^)

But if you go to "change" from the fare quote, you have to go through the cumbersome process of selecting the only date that shows on the calendar for each sector. That can be simplified.

Also, if you choose "+/- 0 days" in both directions and there is only one flight each way on each date, why not go straight to the fare quote page? It's the only selection that can be made.

2. Multi-sector trips

Please can we have a more discernible order to the flights offered when selecting by schedule? It's probably ordered by overall journey time, but it makes it very difficult to spot a particular combination of flights that I want. Easier if they're ordered by departure time then arrival time, and then the overall journey time is calculated and shown to the side.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver
OLCI v2

You have this text appended to the OLCI opening time problem:

Note: A recent "Enhancement" to OLCI is that you can only select your seat once. Further changes must be done at the airport.
Can you put this under a separate heading please? This is a dumb policy decision that BA have deliberately implemented with the new OLCI so I think it deserves its own entry

Great thread btw ^
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:58 pm

Programs: SMWS
one for the wishlist, if it hasn't made in in under the new OLCI (my last flight was the 27/7, so apologies if this works by now) - PYOB in Firefox please
Old Aug 1, 2006, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My tuppence ha'penny worth:

When you use the start again function in book using BA miles/upgrade using BA miles screens would it be possible to go back to a start screen populated with your original selections. This would avoid the need to repetitivly select a new month, re-enter passengers etc. when trying to find somewhere, anywhere to spend your miles. It would be even better than start again on book and upgrade goes back to that screen rather than book using BA miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.