Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How much food is wasted in first? A solution.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much food is wasted in first? A solution.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2006, 2:13 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Actually didn't this start the great 'sausage strike ' by ground crew?

From what I've been told, crew would often let the red caps (flight dispatcher) have a quick brekkie whilst hopping between planes as they didn't normally have time for their tea breaks. Unfortunately, some bean counter found out and some were sacked for theft (yes, stealing the sausage about to go down the bin). Of course we all know that is silly and the red caps then started working 'to rule' and took their tea breaks. Delaying your flight.

Oh, and I've heard even if they open up that bottle of scotch and onlly one glass in used from it, the rest of the bottle goes down the drain.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 2:39 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
The Singapore F book the cook menu has some fantastic choices - eg Lobster Themidore that they just would not load / pay for if someone was not going to eat it. I'd love this service on BA - you don't have to use it if you don't want to.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Tits McGhee
Now come on.... Are you seriously suggesting that the crew sit in the First galley and gorge themselves on leftover Lamb Shank and Seabass???? How very dare you indeed!!!!!!!! ^

I can assure you that this almost never never happens.

The wasteage in First is shocking. Disgusting really. Particularly when flying to places in India and Pakistan. We leave an aircraft full of food that get chucked out and are immediately pounced upon by kids when we leave the terminal who look like they haven't had a good meal in weeks.

Sadly, some crew used to take the p1ss a bit and would take anything that wasn't nailed down. The company had to put an end to us taking ANYTHING off the jet, unless it came from our crew trolley.

I applaud you (not you, pointcrazy, I'm still not happy with you for your outrageous suggestion....) for caring and for putting forward this suggestion, but sadly, I doubt it would work. Next time you fly First, just help us avoid wasteage by gorging yourself on all the goodies!
Er, many of us do eat what's left in first class, Tits. Everyone know's that all a stewardess eats is a mug of soup and 'big salad' Have you ever seen a CSD not have a first class meal? As for the waste and you mentioning India, it certainly used to be the case that uneaten food from the trollies was donated to an old peoples' home in DEL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.