No WT+ => CW in August?

Old Jul 7, 06, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

No WT+ => CW in August?

Having seen availability throughout August, I went to do a book n upgrade for a one way houston to london and... nada. Same with DFW and even JFK to London - no availability shown for any WT+ upgrades

Any ideas whats up? Seats are available if booked in CW normally..
Old Jul 7, 06, 7:01 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
This has been covered before - there must be availability in award inventory in the class that you want to book into. Award inventory is not what is displayed when you book an ordinary ticket.

If you want to find award ticket for a particular cabin (CW) then you must perform dummy miles bookings for that cabin using the BA booking engine - this will then show you what (if any) dates are available.

BAH
Old Jul 7, 06, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Curious.. I think there's probably a systems glitch as they now show up as available via either straight miles (sorry, thats what I meant by "normally"), but one cannot book any as it throws an error
Old Jul 8, 06, 1:58 am

Programs: Mucci! And BA Silver previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 5, Bronze 2
Originally Posted by semantic
Curious.. I think there's probably a systems glitch as they now show up as available via either straight miles (sorry, thats what I meant by "normally"), but one cannot book any as it throws an error
In that case call them, tell them about the error and get them to book it for you whilst waiving the fee (the should do this if there is an IT glitch).

Search this Thread