Should I use arrivals lounge in terminal 4 or 1?

Old Jul 5, 06, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Should I use arrivals lounge in terminal 4 or 1?

Apologies if this is obvious but I haven't travelled in J through LHR before and I did try a search.
I am arriving from PHL at 07.05 and departing for MAN at 10.50 which is my best option, use the T4 arrivals lounge or head straight to T1 and use the lounge there? Am I allowed to use the T1 lounge if I arrive at T4? If I choose the latter option should I go landside at T4, if I go through FCC will they let me out to the T1 arrivals lounge as I'll then be a departing passenger security wise?

As I say I haven't done this before so any advice is welcome.

Thanks
Old Jul 5, 06, 5:25 pm

Programs: BAEC SILVER, AEROPLAN back of the bus
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
Am I allowed to use the T1 lounge if I arrive at T4?
Yes - when you transfer to T1, go out to the landside area where all the check in desks are. To avoid the crowds, go out the door onto the sidewalk and walk all the way down to your left, back in the last door, keep walking you'll pass by the 1st class check in, then keep going and you'll find the BA arrivals lounge. It's not v. big, but you can catch a shower, get your duds pressed, and a big greasy fry up in you can handle it You can ask for poached eggs and toast if the buffet grease-a-thon makes you queasy.
Old Jul 5, 06, 5:33 pm
Suspended

T1 it is!

On balance I would use T1 - it will be less busy than T4 which will be rammed at that time of day, and so you will have more chance of getting a good steam shower and a massage at T1, as far fewer flights use it.

Plus, you can relax knowing you are only a 15 minute walk max from the lounge to your MAN flight, allowing you to linger there longer than if you are at T4, worrying about transfer times etc.
Old Jul 6, 06, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by toothpick
Yes - when you transfer to T1, go out to the landside area where all the check in desks are. To avoid the crowds, go out the door onto the sidewalk and walk all the way down to your left, back in the last door, keep walking you'll pass by the 1st class check in, then keep going and you'll find the BA arrivals lounge.
For clarity, I think that these are instructions to go to the FCC, and then head towards T1 domestic departures (as would be expected given that you'll have a boarding pass for MAN). En route through the FCC, you will go through the inbound immigration control. After getting into the domestic departures area, follow the exit signs past the baggage carousel and then follow the above directions.
Old Jul 16, 06, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat/QF Lifetime Gold/Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Accor Plat, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
If you want to get a brief massage or facial, and/or get your clothes pressed, and want better breakfast offerings, then use T4 arrivals. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.
Old Jul 16, 06, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
The T4 lounge is bigger and better with views over the errr barbed wire fence As others have said it will be very busy at this time.

The T1 counterpart is smaller and feels a bit more enclosed but will be quieter, will mean you don't have to worry about the transfer too much.

Search this Thread