BA Glitch in the system???

Old Jul 3, 06, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
BA Glitch in the system???

I've noticed recently that the glitch in the system that may have benefitted certain EC members has been rectified.

Does anyone know if this is permanent, as I miss all the perks of this "glitch"?
Old Jul 3, 06, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Interesting question for a newbie!
Old Jul 3, 06, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
It's a good question...however I for one am not sure what you are talking about ! Feel free to send me a PM and I can tell you

And welcome to the board
Old Jul 3, 06, 5:59 am
Suspended

I have noticed recently many new joiners who are asking rather open questions about ways in which EC membership maybe obtained quickly/cheaply/ by "roundabout" means.

I think we can now assume that some elements outside the Frequent Flyer community are using this board and I would caution anyone about communicating such information without being certain of the purpose to which such information may be used.
Old Jul 3, 06, 7:02 am

Programs: Mucci! And BA Silver previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 5, Bronze 2
Originally Posted by krug
I have noticed recently many new joiners who are asking rather open questions about ways in which EC membership maybe obtained quickly/cheaply/ by "roundabout" means.

I think we can now assume that some elements outside the Frequent Flyer community are using this board and I would caution anyone about communicating such information without being certain of the purpose to which such information may be used.
Agree fully.

P.S. Let's make sure we establish people's credentials. If they can't prove that they are 'fit and proper persons' send them to Pucci for a hairbrush moment.
Old Jul 3, 06, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Agree fully.

P.S. Let's make sure we establish people's credentials. If they can't prove that they are 'fit and proper persons' send them to Pucci for a hairbrush moment.
Oh, I can think of many an established FT'er that would not meet the "fit and proper" criteria!!!
Old Jul 3, 06, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by krug
'Twas ever thus.

Another PPlace has long had a message, in big red letters at the bottom of every page, saying:-

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be
apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.

Fewer covert press here on FT, but the warning is just as good for us.
Old Jul 3, 06, 10:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PhilH
Oh, I can think of many an established FT'er that would not meet the "fit and proper" criteria!!!
Can I get a free hairbrushing????
Old Jul 3, 06, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
'Twas ever thus.

Another PPlace has long had a message, in big red letters at the bottom of every page, saying:-

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be
apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.

Fewer covert press here on FT, but the warning is just as good for us.
With respect to all the seasoned pro's on this forum.
I am new to this, from what i can gather you seem to believe this forum is an "exclusive" club where newbies are either not wanted or have to fit a certain criteria.
Once again with due respect, this isn't some posh club on Pall Mall - all us "common people" are allowed on here to air our questions & opinions.

All I wanted was an answer to a question, which I got.

By the way, I am not a member of the press trying to listen in to your 'secret conversations'. Just an ordinary Londoner....
Old Jul 3, 06, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Which glitch is this one?

Is it:

a) the one that lets you go further with your miles than you might otherwise expect
or
b) the one that lets you earn miles and TP's more easily than you might expect
or
c) another one I don't know or have forgotten about?

Apologies if you have been upset. However, the things I refer to above are generally passed on privately or at an FT 'do', which given your recent registration seems unlikely - hence the confusion.
Old Jul 3, 06, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
Which glitch is this one?

Is it:

a) the one that lets you go further with your miles than you might otherwise expect
or
b) the one that lets you earn miles and TP's more easily than you might expect
or
c) another one I don't know or have forgotten about?

(B)
Old Jul 3, 06, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTG + Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by sleepoverman
I am new to this, from what i can gather you seem to believe this forum is an "exclusive" club where newbies are either not wanted or have to fit a certain criteria. Once again with due respect, this isn't some posh club on Pall Mall - all us "common people" are allowed on here to air our questions & opinions.
No, no! I don't think we (well, I certainly don't) think that at all. We welcome newbies (we were all newbies once!). It's just lately there have been some questions from newbies which seem 'iffy' to some extent - those related to loopholes, glitches, backdoors, 'secrets', etc. naturally raise eyebrows when they are the first (or within the first few) posts. Please, don't let the idea of this put you off continuing to post...but at the same time, hopefully you can appreciate the slightly cynical attitude many of us have when such questions are raised so early on in a poster's time here. But hopefully things don't (and I don't think they did here) cross the line in to being unfriendly or unwelcoming - what Globaliser posted was just sound advice. I for one am always wary until I know someone (and that goes for 'real' life more so than the board!)

Phil
Old Jul 3, 06, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
My understanding is that this - assuming we're talking about the same thing (which we may not!) - is a hit and miss affair. Without trying numerous times in numerous ways, I doubt you could ever be sure that it can never happen again.

And welcome to FT. Get yourself a BA Amex, Tesco Clubcard and BMI Mastercard and you're ready for action ...
Old Jul 3, 06, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
My understanding is that this - assuming we're talking about the same thing (which we may not!) - is a hit and miss affair. Without trying numerous times in numerous ways, I doubt you could ever be sure that it can never happen again.

And welcome to FT.
Thanking you Raffles for welcoming me, a true gentleman.
Old Jul 3, 06, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by sleepoverman
(B)
Ahhhh, that would be a shame. OTOH, if it's gone, it was a nice bonus while it lasted, but no one was entitled to it.

The problem is, until you clarified, I wasn't sure which particular glitch you were talking about - there are/were more than one out there (that's if its the one I know about - not sure now I've seen Raffles post ), but those that know about them tend not to be very forthcoming on the thread - not because they didn't want to share, but that we know from past experience that making them too obvious gets them closed - as I'm sure you understand. But because of that, we can tend to be a bit suspicious too... And it's always a subject of some debate, whether we should discuss such glitches or not.

As to your accusations about the board... well you're new, you'll either stick around and learn your mistake, or you won't. I do think you have jumped to an entirely erroneous idea of who comprises the board, but then most people do until they meet us in the flesh. The only criteria you really need to have to post on here is an ability not to take things too seriously (and also, if you could avoid asking about best seats, or mentioning fish at all for the first 100 posts or so, we'd be very grateful! )

Search this Thread