FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Winter 2006 LHR-MIA Changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/574069-winter-2006-lhr-mia-changes.html)

G-BOAC Jun 28, 2006 2:13 pm

Winter 2006 LHR-MIA Changes

On ba.com now. Good job BA aren't (isn't?) charging their (its?) staff excess apostrophe fees :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by BA
Changes to London Heathrow to Miami services for winter 2006

British Airways has cancelled it's [sic] 3 times a week BA205 and BA204 services between London Heathrow and Miami for the Winter 2006/2007 schedule, effective 29 October 2006.

The BA207 and the BA209 from London Heathrow to Miami and the BA206 and the BA208 from Miami to London Heathrow will continue to operate as scheduled.

Jimmie76 Jun 28, 2006 3:00 pm

My English teacher would have a few things to say to them! :D

Rambuster Jun 28, 2006 3:52 pm

Sod the apostrophe ! They should move the MIA flights out of T3 !!!

Globaliser Jun 29, 2006 10:08 am

So, the end of the great experiment of the "third daily service"! I wonder whether this was a problem with drumming up enough traffic at all, or just enough traffic at decent yields with better yields available elsewhere.

And what are they going to do with all that extra space in the Terraces lounge that they reclaimed for the start of the "third daily service"?

Originally Posted by Rambuster

Remember, they'd only move something else into T3 in its place. There's a reason why there are always some flights from T3, which has nothing to do with operations.

SLF Jun 29, 2006 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Remember, they'd only move something else into T3 in its place. There's a reason why there are always some flights from T3, which has nothing to do with operations.

What puzzles me is why it's a long haul service at T3. Why isn't something like GIB more appropriate (or anywhere else short-haul with a single or two flights a day)?

Globaliser Jun 29, 2006 11:19 am

I expect that they probably wanted a route that has the maximum number of LHR O&D pax and the minimum number of connecting pax. Whether MIA is the best for that, though, I don't know.

MAH4546 Jun 29, 2006 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I expect that they probably wanted a route that has the maximum number of LHR O&D pax and the minimum number of connecting pax. Whether MIA is the best for that, though, I don't know.

The flight actually did fine. BA isn't operating it this winter at the request of AA, who is upping MIA-LHR frequency.

G-BOAC Jun 29, 2006 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546
The flight actually did fine. BA isn't operating it this winter at the request of AA, who is upping MIA-LHR frequency.

Err?! On a route they can't codeshare on? Can't revenue share on? Can't allow FF members to earn or redeem on? Have no JSA in place on? AA just 'request' BA stop it and they do? I find that extremely hard to believe indeed.

Globaliser Jun 29, 2006 12:42 pm

Given the current hot topic of controversy, I would have thought that that might be considered anti-competitive, too.

James S Jun 29, 2006 1:50 pm

OT- grammar rant

[QUOTE=G-BOAC] Good job BA aren't (isn't?) QUOTE]

Well, off topic, but you brought it up. :p

BA is one company so you should say "BA isn't".

Just like you should say "England wins the football", not "England win". It's disgraceful how the English press get this basic grammar wrong. Actually it's the inconsistency that bugs me most, they will blend a "England do better" headline with "the team is doing better" in the body of the article (for example).

Now back to BA, even though it is British Airways, it is still a singular noun, not a plural.

Apologies for this rant. Feel free to point out my bad grammar or syntax, if ever it pops up it's ugly head. :)

Steady-EDI Jun 29, 2006 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by James S
Feel free to point out my bad grammar or syntax, if ever it pops up it's ugly head. :)

Oh, alright then, if you insist :-

... they will blend a "England do better" headline ...

An "England ..." headline, surely? And indeed :-

if ever it pops up it's ugly head.

Aaarghhh! The spurious apostrophe strikes again! :p

James S Jun 30, 2006 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Steady-EDI
Oh, alright then, if you insist :-

An "England ..." headline, surely? And indeed :-

Aaarghhh! The spurious apostrophe strikes again! :p

Damn, the apostrophe was planted but, a/an - you may have got me there. I thought the inverted commas broke up the sentence by giving extra emphasis to the "English... " headline making the bridging "n" between "a" and "English" redundant, but I can't find anyone in the office to back me up. :(

Anyway, did you know that in Australia, miami is the name for a crude shelter from the elements?

pdb Jun 30, 2006 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster

Now there's a punctuated remark that should give reason to pause! ^

G-BOAC Jul 3, 2006 11:03 am

The AskBA writers still haven't been given a grammar lesson:

British Airways has cancelled it's BA225 and BA224 services between London Heathrow and Washington for the Winter 2006/2007 schedule, effective 1 October 2006.

schofs Jul 3, 2006 11:10 am

There are few things that annoy me more than bad speller's...

:D