FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   11 "E" Numbers in a 40g snack - and no Sarnie either! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/573142-11-e-numbers-40g-snack-no-sarnie-either.html)

Dave_C Jun 26, 2006 2:28 am

11 "E" Numbers in a 40g snack - and no Sarnie either!

Coming back from GVA yesterday, on the fifty minute late BA731, I was delighted to be handed a pack of "Sky Bites Gold". A "premium" snack mix of pretzelly things, seeds and fruit. In that 40g packet there were over 11 E numbers listed in the ingredients.

Now I'm not totally averse to chemicals, I know that Vitamin C can be listed as an E number, however 11 of those in a 40g snack is a little excessive.

Also, no sandwich at all. Just 40g of a "premium snack mix". I thought BA had got over this silliness of not providing proper food in ET. This really has to stop - I shall be writing a letter to Mr. Walsh.

Please give us decent food in ET band 1 and 2 flights!

edi-traveller Jun 26, 2006 2:31 am

What time was the flight? You get these things or crisps on mid morning and afternoon flights - sandwiches at lunch and dinner and breakfast pannini in the morning.

LHR Tim Jun 26, 2006 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Dave_C
I shall be writing a letter to Mr. Walsh.

Who will give the bean counter who suggested cutting back catering to just a packet of e numbers a 20% bonus for coming up with such a cleaver idea.

More Champagne Sir? Jun 26, 2006 2:33 am

Originally Posted by edi-traveller
sandwiches at lunch and dinner and breakfast pannini in the morning.

sandwiches - 28 "E" numbers
panini - 46 "E" numbers

let's not even get started on Diet Coke... ;)

ChrisH Jun 26, 2006 2:35 am

You seen the amount of "E" numbers in the sandwiches, it isn't much better! You should be thankful you got something, they ran out of sandwiches last night on the very late LGW-NCL flight no apology or explanation given and they started serving them from the back!!

Dave_C Jun 26, 2006 2:39 am

Originally Posted by edi-traveller
What time was the flight? You get these things or crisps on mid morning and afternoon flights - sandwiches at lunch and dinner and breakfast pannini in the morning.

It was a 15.00 flight, which didn't leave until 16.00. I'm surprised that we didn't get a sarnie, as I was doing MAN-LGW's at 16.15 for a few weeks, and they got them.

flyclub Jun 26, 2006 2:52 am

I think we are missing the bigger picture here everyone. I find it more disturbing that Dave_C seems to be flying in EuroChaveller...can't you do the pay £2 to upgrade to Club Europe or something.... :confused: ;)

Smirnoff Jun 26, 2006 2:56 am

Coming back from GVA yesterday, on the fifty minute late BA731, I was delighted to be handed a pack of "Sky Bites Gold".

This is absolutely outrageous.

You were only entitled to the "Sky Bites Silver".

I shall be writing to complain about this blatant waste of BA funds on providing Silver Members with Gold Bites.

Dave_C Jun 26, 2006 2:57 am

Originally Posted by flyclub
I think we are missing the bigger picture here everyone. I find it more disturbing that Dave_C seems to be flying in EuroChaveller...can't you do the pay £2 to upgrade to Club Europe or something.... :confused: ;)

H.I. booked it for me - and it would have been £300 or so each to go CE. GVA seems to be pretty expensive from LHR. CE is definitely not worth it at that price for an hours flight. :(

flyclub Jun 26, 2006 3:02 am

H.I. booked it for me - and it would have been £300 or so each to go CE. GVA seems to be pretty expensive from LHR. CE is definitely not worth it at that price for an hours flight. :(

Good point. Although do keep an eye on it - it can be quite surprising on the right dates, as you are probably all too aware, especially from Gatwick.

However, I'm not sure how many 'E' numbers there are in the salad dressing..... ;)

LHR Tim Jun 26, 2006 3:02 am

CE is definitely not worth it at that price for an hours flight. :(

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!

Smirnoff Jun 26, 2006 3:04 am

Originally Posted by LHR Tim
Blasphemy!!!!!!!!

He should remain forever banished behind the Curtain of Shame for uttering such remarks.

BAW845_Matt Jun 26, 2006 3:06 am

It was a 15.00 flight, which didn't leave until 16.00. I'm surprised that we didn't get a sarnie, as I was doing MAN-LGW's at 16.15 for a few weeks, and they got them.

Up to 09:59 - breakfast (pannini/cooked)
10:00-11:59 Drinks service (crisps etc)
12:00-13:59 Sandwich & dessert
14:00-16:30 Drinks service
After 16:30 Sandwich & dessert

If you get delayed I don't think it makes a difference to the catering.

fraisse10 Jun 26, 2006 3:28 am

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
sandwiches - 28 "E" numbers
panini - 46 "E" numbers

let's not even get started on Diet Coke... ;)

I'm drinking a Diet Coke right now; two E numbers; one of which is for caramel.

PUCCI GALORE Jun 26, 2006 6:34 am

He did what??? I assume that you are refering to Him Indoors and that he paid for this. Now, we will leave the question of what you and Him Indoors have been up to - I will beat that out of him tonight. No one - no one at all is allowed to book my Davey into anything that has does not have a curtain behind the cabin he is sitting in. What next? Smirnoff will be doing a fan dance through Terminal One. BAHumbug will be getting GU Wonder to carry his bags through Heathrow, and Bealine will tke Hfly in as a paying guest. Sheep will take over the day to day running of British Airways (he could do any worse) and Jenbel....well who can say!!

Now Dave. Dry your eyes Sweetness and throw that nasty squalid little snack in the garbage where it belongs - you belong in CE and don't try and be brave with Aunite Pucci. Remember the one thing that you look for in a man is his bank balance the rest can be lived with. If you think that I speak from experience then forget it - he bought you ET and I bet that he used my Platinum Card - Oh the Cheapskate!