Best CC for BA Miles HELP

Old Jun 25, 06, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Silver, QF Club, Hilton HHonors, SAS EuroBonus
Best CC for BA Miles HELP

Hi all,

my Partner and I will be moving from Australia to the UK for work in the next 4 months, I have been looking for Credit Cards that offer good options on BA, QF or AA points but I cant seem to find that Many?

Over here Qantas Has many Card Partners that you can choose from to earn points but BA doesn’t seem to have any other than AMEX is this true or have I just missed some of the banks that offer points as part of the rewards program?

2 other options we could Just keep our Australian QF Cards but that could be hard to manage or I noticed that AA have a big presence in the UK any options for earning with them or is it best to stick with BA.

Most of the points would be used to redeem for trips back to Australia.

We would also probably choose to bank with the institution that has the best card also.

So many questions

Thanks folks
Old Jun 26, 06, 2:34 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
You should probably pick the program that gives the best earning overall. Unless your current balance or travel dictates this should be QF or AA, it will probably be BA because there are earning options beyond just credit cards.

The card options are Amex or Tesco, the second because you can convert Tesco loyalty points to BA Miles. Have a read through posts 15 & 16 of the Ultimate Guide sticky at the top for details (but Tesco have made their program 50% less generous for new entrants recently). The Amex is a must though, and Tesco an easy way to pick up bonus miles.
Old Jun 27, 06, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Do NOT keep your Qantas credit card. You will probably be hit with a 2.75% foreign currency fee every time you use it (this may be a hidden fee, in that it is built into the exchange rate and does not appear on your statement) in the UK.

Get the BA Amex and either a BMI Mastercard or Tesco Visa (for BA Miles) as back up. There are also UK-issued Marriott Rewards, Priority Club and Hilton Visa / Mastercards if you are a keen hotel points collector.

Citibank in the UK does a Sterling AA card, but BA Miles are far more useful for a UK resident since you can use them for upgrades on BA flights, as well as getting the '2 for 1' voucher which comes with the BA Amex.

Search this Thread