Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2006, 5:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
It's not at all clear that you'll get double miles on the discounted fares -the T&Cs seem to indicate that this is two separate offers.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 5:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by Teece
It's not at all clear that you'll get double miles on the discounted fares -the T&Cs seem to indicate that this is two separate offers.
It does state that I class fares will be eligible but it's not explicit that they are separate offers

Just pricing up some AA YUP fares for November and they seem to have increased a lot. MCO|MIA|SFO return was pricing at £450 via aa.com but now the cheapest I can find is about £700 - bangs goes the saving with BA
Old Jun 23, 2006, 5:49 am

Anyone know what other destinations, in the US, have CW going for around the £1k mark? When does the sale end?

Boo
Old Jun 23, 2006, 5:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
it's not explicit that they are separate offers
Apart from the fact they're listed under separate heading?
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Teece
Apart from the fact they're listed under separate heading?
Just to confirm that flights booked under the promotion, with discount applied, are not entitled to the double miles. Double miles applies to full fare bookings only.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:02 am

Programs: Way Too Many
Having read the T&Cs again I wonder if all the flights I have booked since the 16th June will be eligible for the double miles. All that has to be done according to the terms is that a flight must be booked in the right class and not dependent on entering any special codes. And if this is the case then all the flights we book until the 30th July should also be eligible.

I have also noted that this promotion cannot be used with any other promotion. So I wonder if a 'Worldtaste' discount negates the double miles?

A Little confusing and how does one explain this to BAEC when trying to claim these miles?

J
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:02 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
Brilliant. Just booked a CW return to JFK for under £1k...absolute bargain and full miles/TP's as well.

^
How did you manage that - all I can get is £831 each way??
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:08 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to MFU from these fares? One presumes not...
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:12 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
Seconded! From WT+ to CW.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:16 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
You presumed correctly.
The big 'D' for discount on the booking date pages means unable to MFU.
Shame.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
However I supose it depends where you what you want to MFU.

I would imagine New York wouldn't be the best choice if Club World is coming in at £900 all in after the discount.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Boo Boo Too
Oh and it's "sale" price for the Sofitel Gatwick comes out at £146.20 (instead of a normal £172). Although the BA price incluse "full breakfast", think that I will stick with £99 through holidayextras.co.uk....

Boo
oooh - well spotted! I must look into that more as it really annoying me at the moment exactly how much the Sofitel website actually wants for a nice room on a weekend.

When I will be at LGW over the next six weeks every weekend I simply cannot justify £172 a night (plus parking and Diesel of course, before even talking about the cost of the flights.... )
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
Ooooo, thanks for that, just in time for me booking flights to Bangkok, don't feel quite so bad now, might even be able to persuade my mate to upgrade from cattle class!
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:50 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Bugger. I had booked my LHR-LAX/BOS-LHR at the begining of the month as the CW sale was due to end on the 7th, but then exetend to the 30th.

Now the exact same flights are £800 for the two of us.

Shame BA don't do as UA and let your reticket at the lower fare and give you vouchers for the difference.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by LHR Tim
Shame BA don't do as UA and...
...go bankrupt?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.