Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Amex 2F1 Voucher - how quickly can you get them

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2006, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue.

What is the quickest you can get their Amex 2F1 voucher?

I have passed my 10k spend - and my statement is due on the 26th of the month.

I take it their is no way of getting it before you get your statement - but how quickly can you get it once the statement date passes? I gather you can call up - but how soon after the statement date can you do this?

Quite urgently trying to book a flight to the US in the summer - and availabilty if going down every day...
Old May 19, 2006, 7:46 am

Programs: BA, BMI, NZ, SQ
Originally Posted by blawson

I take it their is no way of getting it before you get your statement - but how quickly can you get it once the statement date passes? I gather you can call up - but how soon after the statement date can you do this?

Quite urgently trying to book a flight to the US in the summer - and availabilty if going down every day...
For me it's always been 1-2 weeks after the statement date.
Old May 19, 2006, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blawson

About one or two days after the Statement Date, IIRC.
Old May 19, 2006, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rickshaw
For me it's always been within 1-2 weeks of the statement date.
Thats 1-2 weeks to get the voucher in the post?

But you can call up 1-2 days after the Statement Date to get the number by phone.
Old May 19, 2006, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
About one or two days after the Statement Date, IIRC.
Blimey thats quick!!!
Old May 19, 2006, 7:49 am

But you can call up 1-2 days after the Statement Date to get the number by phone.
Yep, in the post
Old May 19, 2006, 8:52 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
Perhaps around statement date, you could explain the situation to the booking agent and request if it is possible to hold the flight booking.
Old May 19, 2006, 10:57 am

...you can call up 1-2 days after the Statement Date to get the number by phone.

That's what I do!

Works a treat and no scouring the street for a postman / woman putting your mail through somebody else's letter box either.
Old May 19, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.

I am reliably informed that calling is the best method, what I don't know is who you call (I assume Amex?). All you get is a reference number which you then call BA with. Yes?
Old May 19, 2006, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA or bust
I am reliably informed that calling is the best method, what I don't know is who you call (I assume Amex?). All you get is a reference number which you then call BA with. Yes?
Yes. Call AMEX and you will get it a week or so earlier than waiting for it in the post.

I believe they are currently AX-then 6 digits.

Alternatively call, and make a booking and give a made-up number, eg AX-747747. They won't notice it's the wrong number for a day or two when the billingd department sort out the payment. Then they call back to verify the number, a few days later, by which time you should have the real number.
Old May 19, 2006, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Blimey - I'm in the position of having too many 241s and trying to limit my spending to try not to get the next one too soon! Don't think that's the case here!
Old May 19, 2006, 4:18 pm
TMC

Programs: United 1K, BA Silver, Marriott LTP
Interesting, getting close to having our first two vouchers so will have this fun shortly!
Out of interest, is the voucher issue date, the statement date of the period when you reach the spend threshold?
Old May 20, 2006, 4:41 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Originally Posted by schofs
Blimey - I'm in the position of having too many 241s and trying to limit my spending to try not to get the next one too soon! Don't think that's the case here!
Since the reduction to £10k I am in danger of triggering my voucher way too early. We now have two accounts. Sheena triggered her voucher after 4 months and we have kust used that for a 2-4-1 to UVF next Easter. My new year started in March and already I am almost up to £10K thanks to lots of purchases connected to moving house. I don't wnat to trigger the voucher until the end of the year or early next year so we will have to switch back to using Sheena's account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.