Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airmiles - worth another look?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2006, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by BOH
Tried looking on the Air Miles website as to whether I can convert my 2500 Air Miles to BA Miles. Couldn't find anything on this - can it be done by any means?

No can do
Old Sep 9, 2006, 4:48 pm

I try to transfer anything that transfers to BA miles, anything else that cannot go there goes to Airmiles, but I find the "deals" Airmiles do for flights are usually negated by the stupid UK taxes they add on everything.

For example, with the current world offers, a ticket with Airmiles to Europe will cost your Airmiles plus taxes of around £56. The discounted fare including tax direct from BA at the moment for the same flight is £66, so I'd rather save the Airmiles and pay the normal fare.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 1:32 am

The best deal on Airmiles , on my opinion is Eurostar , 1st class which the often discount.

In Jan this year Had 2 X F tickets for Around 1000 each and NO TAX
Old Nov 22, 2006, 5:32 am

Programs: Shiny metal ones that go clink.
How many miles do I get for an airmiles redemption?

Originally Posted by chippy63
Does anyone know what booking class Airmiles tickets in?
*BUMP*

Did anyone ever track down what BA ticket class bucket an Airmiles redemption books into?

I'm talking here about using airmiles.co.uk for a booking on BA.

I'm going to be arriving at LHR at lunchtime next week, and rather than just going home I though I'd pop over to BRU and have a few beers in the evening, and roll back into work the next morning.

That was until I found there were no I class tickets left - and the cheapest in the back of the bus with BA was £339!

For a laugh I checked airmiles to try and use up the stack of miles I've got from Homebase & the Times cut'n'run... and it rolled into 500 miles with tax+madeupstuff of £54.

I entered my airmiles PNR into MMB - and MMB took it. I added my BAEC card - and at the bottom it shows I get 40 TP for the booking - plus earning miles - for an economy booking.

These are the loads for my out & in:
LHR-BRU J9 C9 D0 I0 Y9 B9 H0 K0 M0 R0 V0 N0 E9 L9 S9 Q9
BRU-LHR J9 C9 D0 I0 Y9 B0 H0 K0 M0 R0 V0 N0 E9 L9 S9 Q9

I can't find my ticket class anywhere - other than it's ET.

Any ideas?
Old Nov 22, 2006, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Newssexy
Did anyone ever track down what BA ticket class bucket an Airmiles redemption books into? ...

I added my BAEC card - and at the bottom it shows I get 40 TP for the booking - plus earning miles - for an economy booking. ...
It depends on the 'price' of the ticket in miles.

Broadly speaking, the higher the miles amount, the higher the booking class. I believe all earn miles (at 25% or 100% depending on class) and some, like yours, earn TPs. Sounds like you got a Y, B or H .
Old Nov 30, 2006, 1:02 am
uk1
Suspended

The latest Times promo has just finished and those cunning rascals have found a new way this year ro save cash.

To claim the miles you need a collection wallet. These were included once in the first weekend of the promo. My paper and several friends' papers didn't have one. We e-mailed the address given to ask for a new one. We received an auto e-mail telling us that the 2005 promotion was now ended and it was too late to participate. My envelope has just arrived today! Two friends haven't received theirs.
Q. When do I have to send my Cut & Run miles in by?
A. Promotional envelopes must be received by 4 December 2006.
Cunning plan!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Note that BAA are currently running a promotion whereby the normal conversion rate for BAA points to Air Miles is halved = double the value. So, if (like me) you had quite af ew BAA pioints and would prefer Air Miles, now's the time to act.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:48 pm

Airmiles seem to be doing a promo where you can get 200 miles off any Flight, Hotel or Car Hire between now and 11th December - details via www.airmiles.co.uk - Might be of use to some

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.