Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Points on a LHR-MAN-JFK MFU

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Tier Points on a LHR-MAN-JFK MFU

Can't narrow the search down sufficiently to answer this, and I expect the answer is well known, so apologies in advance.

Looking to travel to NYC for 4th July, reward/MFU availabilty sticky, as one would expect. Having to route through MAN and take our chances on G-TECH.

I'll earn 150 TPs for the WTP element of the MFU MAN-JFK. But will I trouser a further 40 for LHR-MAN return?
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
You should do. At least the ex-Europe shorthaul segments to LHR on a WT+ fare are booked in Y class. I presume this would be the same for UK connections, thus earning 20 TPs per flight.

Are you sure you want to sit in the old cradle seat ?
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Are you sure you want to sit in the old cradle seat ?
I thought it had - finally, the last in the fleet - been dusked? I stand to be corrected.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
You are safe. It is flat beds now.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:52 pm

I was actually wondering the same thing. I have a WT+ to NCW MFU booked for EDI-LGW-ATL-LGW-EDI.

It is showing as generating 150 tier points under MMB. Can I actually expect 190 though? 20 for each of the domestic legs and 75 for each of the international legs?
Old Apr 9, 2006, 4:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Urban Sun
I was actually wondering the same thing. I have a WT+ to NCW MFU booked for EDI-LGW-ATL-LGW-EDI.

It is showing as generating 150 tier points under MMB. Can I actually expect 190 though? 20 for each of the domestic legs and 75 for each of the international legs?
I'd question this with BA. My recent experience is that the tier point calculations displayed on MMB do match those on the statement. You've paid the premium domestic add-on so you should be entitled to the extra 20 points for each domestic flight.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Urban Sun

It often doesn't pick up feeder flights in Economy to your transatlantic trip. You may have to contact BAEC when your journey is finished to get your missing 20+20 = 40 tier points. This problem does not always occur where the feeder flights are in Club Europe.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Club, Priority Club Club
Quite regularly book WTP from MAN -> LHR -> PHL - these always accrue 190 tier points for me = 20 +75 each way.

They are booked in to the more expensive WTP class though as there is rarely a Saturday night stay involved - doubt that will affect the shuttle sector though.

I can't remember what it shows in MMB though for points earned. However, I did book a Shuttle to connect to WTP at LHR last year on the discounted WTP fare class and the add on shuttles netted 125 miles only - no tier points. Looks to depend on the WTP fare class you are booked in to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.