Wiki Posts
Search

MFU - JFK to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and falling), HH Diamond
MFU - JFK to LHR

Out of interest, has anyone had much success MFUing (WT+ - NCW) on this route? I just did a quick check and everything, including Feb 2007, was routed via Manchester.

Focusing on the silver lining, JFK to MAN is about to become a frequent trip for me due to the olds retiring to Southport and the availability looks great ^
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Last week in fact. And I only booked about a week and a half in advance (so the base ticket was an expensive W class, but that's life). Pretty decent availability both ways (MAN was also offered, but I just ignored it). JFK has got to be the single 'best' route for availability I think. Though do be slightly flexible (e.g. don't expect to get the exact flight you want on busy nights like Friday, or Saturday when there are less flights).

I believe schofs is also a happy bunny at the moment on this route too

Phil
Old Apr 2, 2006, 1:26 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
As a suggestion, as it can be hard finding LON-JFK availability amongst the LON-MAN-JFK flights, try searching NCL-JFK (with no stopover, either for Book&Upgrade or Standard Awards).

This will return only one-stop NCL-LON-JFK options, which reveals where the LON-JFK seats are hiding.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 3:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Try entering New York or NYC into the departure box instead of JFK. I've just tried this for August - October and am finding plenty of availability, including direct flights from JFK to LHR.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and falling), HH Diamond
Thanks. I will give these a try because I was looking for flights departing Friday and returning Sunday which even in Feb 2007 seems to be a bad idea.

One thought, if I enter, for example JFK to CDG with a stop over in London, am I more likely to see avialibility becuase I am searching for a USA to Europe flight and BA hold certain seats back or is the USA to London a free-for-all?

The miles requires are the same so I'm thinking that a weekend in Paris at the end of my next trip might be a good idea. Then CDG to JFK home with a change of plane rather than a stopover on the return leg.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
Try entering New York or NYC into the departure box instead of JFK. I've just tried this for August - October and am finding plenty of availability, including direct flights from JFK to LHR.
This is best. Availability changes over time and direct flights should appear closer to the travel date when they are more certain about load factors. Usually, there is availability on BA186, the morning flight out of EWR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.