BA's Dubai club lounge

Old Mar 8, 2006, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Lufthansa Senator, Flying Blue Gold
Thanks for the feedback number_6 and KenJohn.

Looking forward to the trip
Old Mar 8, 2006, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Monkville
On a similar vein, would it be a good idea to post a lounge rating system on FT, in order to steer travellers towards or away from minimizing their airport experience?
A good sticky would be to have Lounges in Alphabetical order with any quirks, observations, local rules etc.? But would be a job to collate I would imagine. Just a thought.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by number_6
LHR-DXB catering is fine and similar to trans-Atlantic catering, it is DXB-LHR that is poor (at least for the night flight, I've never taken the day flights).
Well, guess who the sole catering supplier in DXB is owned by?

Arabian coffee on departure from LHR and Gulf airports is one of the many little reasons why BA has fabulous and unparalleled brand equity in this region, something that is often overlooked by management.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, BA Blue (boo), HH Gold,
BA thinks it is dire. If you are flying in F and you comment upon the lounge, BA will immediately buy you admission to another (better) lounge at DXB or issue you a food voucher. They are obviously embarrassed about the lounge there. At least this has been my experience (and my comments were mild, merely asking if this really was the lounge that they used).

As for whether you should eat prior to boarding, absolutely if you are at all hungry or fussy about food. The DXB catering in F is atrocious, surprisingly so. Cheese is about the only highlight of the meal (and the wines are the usual ones, DXB is definitely not dry).
I travelled back in F and stopped off in the lounge. It WAS dire. Packed to the hilt, screaking kids - not surprising in the wee sma' hours. Snack food was a guarantee for heartburn - and BA staff didn't offer access to another first class lounge or a food voucher. AND there was no champagne.
Staff were very apologetic - but still no 'poo. Poo hoo!
Old Aug 29, 2006, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
It is no defence for BA (I tend to agree about the state of the lounge in DXB) but the *A lounge next door looks even worse. I popped my head in to this lounge to see if it was any better, particularly in respect of food and drink and it was equally unimpressive, at least the BA lounge has more colourful decor.

Considering BA run 3 flights a day in peak season to DXB it really is not expecting too much to have a seperate F lounge is it? Some US destinations with less than 3 flights a day still maintain an F lounge.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
It is no defence for BA (I tend to agree about the state of the lounge in DXB) but the *A lounge next door looks even worse. I popped my head in to this lounge to see if it was any better, particularly in respect of food and drink and it was equally unimpressive, at least the BA lounge has more colourful decor.

Considering BA run 3 flights a day in peak season to DXB it really is not expecting too much to have a seperate F lounge is it? Some US destinations with less than 3 flights a day still maintain an F lounge.

Yes. Mia and Phx for example, However they really are just a seperate room.

Then again , to get away from screaming kids ideal/
Old Jan 29, 2008, 2:16 pm

BA thinks it is dire. If you are flying in F and you comment upon the lounge, BA will immediately buy you admission to another (better) lounge at DXB or issue you a food voucher. They are obviously embarrassed about the lounge there. At least this has been my experience (and my comments were mild, merely asking if this really was the lounge that they used).
Anyone had any further experience of this? Seems quite odd. What lounge did/do they transfer you to?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Anyone had any further experience of this? Seems quite odd. What lounge did/do they transfer you to?
An old thread now, does anyone have any updates and experiences? I'll be travelling out to DXB with BA for the first time in a couple of weeks and have never used the lounge, all previous trips have been with EK.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:55 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
I asked about this on Sunday when I was flying in F from DXB - nobody knew anything about it. The attitude of the lounge dragon was "take it or leave it" and maybe someday they will have a separate flounge.

Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter
An old thread now, does anyone have any updates and experiences? I'll be travelling out to DXB with BA for the first time in a couple of weeks and have never used the lounge, all previous trips have been with EK.
Lack of a decent chilled champagne or even a passable fizz from outside France, poor selection of food and it does get very busy make this a rather poor offering in my book.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Try this thread, which has some useful recent information and intelligence.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Try this thread, which has some useful recent information and intelligence.
A quick tip. There's a hotel a few gates down from the BA lounge. Much quieter, plenty of space and you can have a shower at a small cost.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter
I flew out in F from DXB and certainly no other options. The dragon was nice and did seem somewhat apologetic. It is a manky lounge though.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 1:10 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

There are a few pay lounges in concourse 1 that are better than the BA lounge.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Jan 7, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Blue
I was there over the last bank holiday weekend.

As far as lounge catering, there were no snacks or sandwiches, although a large bowl of crisps turned up!

I kid you not - literally a large bowl of crisps! With tongs!
Old May 5, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Any recent update regarding the Dubai lounge ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.