FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   OT: occupation of BA FTers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/525812-ot-occupation-ba-fters.html)

Simisqo Feb 13, 06 12:03 am

OT: occupation of BA FTers
 
I have been reading posts on this forum for a couple of months and you guys seem very intelligent classy and well educated compared to AAnother forum. Out of curiousity:

1) I would like to know the most popular occupation of BA Fters that enables you guys to travel so widely.

2) I am a student studying Politics (Bsc). What do you guys think are the best career options for me which would involve a lot of travelling, apart from the obvious. (diplomatic service)

Thanks in advance

Prospero Feb 13, 06 12:19 am

Why thank you.

I believe the majority of FT'ers you find here have careers in the financial or IT sectors. In fact, many reached the upper echelons of their professional peer group and have mastered the skills of delegation leaving ample time to cruise the boards ;)

I am one exception to this rule however, on all counts :D

edi-traveller Feb 13, 06 12:34 am

Financial services as Prospero described. Fitness instructor in spare time.

slhart Feb 13, 06 12:37 am

It's true!
 
I want to second the OP comments. I've had nothing but extremely professional and courteous interactions here as a newbie, which only makes me want to check the forum daily! I've attributed it to Brit vs. American culture (I'm American), which may be a complete oversimplification. Nonetheless, kudos to all of you who make this forum what it is.

Smirnoff Feb 13, 06 1:39 am


Originally Posted by Prospero
I believe the majority of FT'ers you find here have careers in the financial or IT sectors.

Financial. Despite not being able to add up. :D



Originally Posted by Prospero
In fact, many reached the upper echelons of their professional peer group and have mastered the skills of delegation leaving ample time to cruise the boards ;)

Exactly. The key to success is effective delegation. :D

Kibison Feb 13, 06 1:43 am

Real Estate development and investment with emphasis in the Hospitality Industry.

E14 26C Feb 13, 06 1:44 am


Originally Posted by Prospero
Why thank you.

I believe the majority of FT'ers you find here have careers in the financial or IT sectors. In fact, many reached the upper echelons of their professional peer group and have mastered the skills of delegation leaving ample time to cruise the boards ;)

Financial Sector
- Well my boss delegates all the trips he doesn't want to go on to me (i.e. all except NY so I'm :D :D :D today) - and my posting on the boards is often whilst on planning conference calls ;)

TheEyeTie Feb 13, 06 1:44 am

Pharmaceutical Industry.

Markonen Feb 13, 06 1:45 am

I make Macintosh software.

Swanhunter Feb 13, 06 1:52 am

Supply chain - lots of overseas sourcing = significant travel.

latitude Feb 13, 06 1:56 am

I quite a broad range of responsibilities, IT/Telecoms and customer service. With teams and customers in all 3 regions = travel.

latitude Feb 13, 06 1:59 am


Originally Posted by Smirnoff
The key to success is effective delegation. :D

However, sometimes, when you want something doing properly, you gotta do it yourself :D

Smirnoff Feb 13, 06 2:02 am


Originally Posted by latitude
However, sometimes, when you want something doing properly, you gotta do it yourself :D

I know. And it's such a bore, isn't it. ;)

PointsMeanPrizes Feb 13, 06 2:04 am

Environmental Manager / Plant Engineer for a tractor manufacturer. No business travel only leisure (hence I'm only a blue card, you don't get tier points for BAMiles bookings or Amex 2for1 :) )

shark67 Feb 13, 06 2:14 am

Civil servant: Immigration & Passport official

all my travels are for holidays only :D


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:16 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.