Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: occupation of BA FTers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: IHG Gold
I'm an IT network analyst for a large housing association. Put simply, making sure all of our offices can communicate with each other. Zero international travel, every month or so I'm away around the South East somewhere. Flying purely for pleasure and VFR.

signol
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: Clan Loganair, BAEC (Blue4life), AMEX
Just had read through the thread, a very diverse group of people.

I'm an engineer, working on the design and development work for orthopaedic implants eg hip/knee replacements
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Forensic analyst in digital forensics. Cool name for something you might name "hacker". I analyse hacks and reproduce them to find out how they were done. I also search for hacked data to see how it leaked and why it is/was used.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
I work in financial planning and strategy, business partnering a senior operations guy. I generally fly once or twice a year to the US and once or twice a quarter to Europe. I'll get bronze from business travel but augment myself to silver.

Unfortunately I don't follow my business partner who flies to the US every couple of weeks, Asia a few times a year and is gold in multiple programmes!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
I am an IT geek - job title is Enterprise Architect, but no one outside my job family knows what this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I’m a “Techical Butler” for a leading money transfer company. Sadly, without much business travel.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bakera
I am an IT geek - job title is Enterprise Architect, but no one outside my job family knows what this.
well, we could call you Scotty. Chief engineer and architectof starship Enterprise.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
GP in North London (Tech Support desk for the body!) although not quite on the wage level for regular F trips ...
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:33 pm

But a lowly civil servant with delusions of grandeur, so FT has been a great means for travelling in style on an economy budget
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
My career is varied with several strings including 30+years of Fintech (mostly before it was called Fintech), gadget inventor and manufacturer, space communications systems engineering, and retirement. At the moment I am doing three of those things.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Avios
Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
There was me, thinking I was the only one.
Train Driver Manager for me, and I might know TrainDriverSparky.

Where TDS and I work there’s a decent crowd of BA/OW fliers and we’re all quite happy to share what we’ve done/booked/found out about, via here or personal research. And that even includes them telling me...
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver | Hilton Honors - Gold
Project Analyst for a major hospitality company. Sadly not in upper echelons of management to travel J but travel enough for work (in Y) to keep my silver status rolling
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:04 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Soon to be part time pilot in the next few years as my folks retire and their businesses will need an eye kept on them, not really sure how well the two will balance up so will likely have to pick one or the other at some point
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:10 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Risk and corporate governance consultancy helping organisations achieve more. Lessons learned are so infrequently remembered within organisations that the need for advice is cyclical. Long haul is great for letting the brain cells relax, wander and create ideas. Good for TPs too.

Last edited by LPQ; Aug 2, 2018 at 7:00 am
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor Platinum, Marco Polo Gold
MOD civil servant based in the Falkland Islands for 2 years! Spend endless hours on Air Tanker / RAF Voyager’s to and from the U.K, as well as LATAM for South America jaunts.
HIDDY, squawk, armouredant and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.