OT: occupation of BA FTers

Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by SophLVA
I'm on track to start working as a trainee lawyer with one of the big international firms in the city come September. I've always hoped that i'll be able to find a niche in corporate work that allows for plenty of travel but I know it's more common in finance. A girl can dream anyway!
Never give up!

I am a man, working as cabin crew on a private jet... We are like rocking horse poop!

If you work hard enough and don't give up, you can make things happen. Good luck!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
Mess around in oil fields, working 4 weeks followed by 4 weeks off. During the worked weeks, travel every other week on a Dash 8 between the fields & main offices. Then Air Astana Atyrau to & from Amsterdam at the start & end of stints, with a BA hop to LHR. Off weeks do a few trips usually booked through BA holidays!
I do 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off and blinking love it...! I work in the same industry, just in the aviation side of it... Always, where I can, BA too and from "base".
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:10 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Software consultant, specializing in tying legacy systems to modern apps and cloud services
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:24 am
HPC

I'm upthread somewhere, but since I get so much value from this forum I will repeat. I'm still fairly visible in the supercomputing or high performance computing world (hence the "HPC" handle). That increasingly touches other things like cloud, AI, etc.
Calchas likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by MGUK
Theatre and opera director
Very interesting job! I also like that gustavmahler approves .
gustavmahler, MGUK and Calchas like this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SophLVA
I'm on track to start working as a trainee lawyer with one of the big international firms in the city come September. I've always hoped that i'll be able to find a niche in corporate work that allows for plenty of travel but I know it's more common in finance. A girl can dream anyway!
Fellow lawyer here (though what we call in North Carolina a District Court hustler...someone who works the low level criminal defense and family law cases). Best of luck to you, sounds like it'll be an incredible opportunity. I'm also very impressed, the transactional stuff I had to learn for the bar exam kept me up nights.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Final year of undergrad in London - not exactly glamourous, but definitely taking advantage of all the free time to travel. Reckon I'll have less as I start work in management consulting next autumn, but hopefully will be sent off for my job time and again. On track to finally become a Gold boy this year - many thanks to FT and a good way to start off my career indeed.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:07 pm

Airside operation at a very loved UK airport.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Skyrocker
Airside operation at a very loved UK airport.
With your location shown as Chicago? 😉
halfcape likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Software consultant, specializing in tying legacy systems to modern apps and cloud services
BA could use ur services... a lot....
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:30 am

London Tube driver
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I sell lights. :-)

Okay, I'm Asia business development manager for a scientific equipment manufacturer (who make lights).
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:06 am

Train driver ex BR

🚅🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃💨💨💨💨
TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I build the internet. :-)

Okay, so I am an IT Solutions Architect mostly working with internet service providers to develop their networks and services but I think the short version sounds cooler.

Annoyingly, my manager is currently trying to get me reassigned to a nine-month project within driving distance of my home. While the project is interesting from a technical perspective, I is going to make it hard to maintain status after next year. But I think that is what is sometimes called a "first world problem"…
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jfallesen
I build the internet. :-)

Okay, so I am an IT Solutions Architect mostly working with internet service providers to develop their networks and services but I think the short version sounds cooler.

Annoyingly, my manager is currently trying to get me reassigned to a nine-month project within driving distance of my home. While the project is interesting from a technical perspective, I is going to make it hard to maintain status after next year. But I think that is what is sometimes called a "first world problem"…
you could always move house!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.