Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

VS to overhaul premium eco - will ba follow?

VS to overhaul premium eco - will ba follow?

Old Feb 12, 2006, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by DFB_london
get is still the grey BA card that opens the CCR doors - to the peace, quiet, of a no wifi haven.)
Really? I used BTOpenZone when I was there? I agree it's much nicer and more peaceful than the F lounge, but I'm certain there's WiFi too.

Phil
Old Feb 12, 2006, 3:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Really? I used BTOpenZone when I was there? I agree it's much nicer and more peaceful than the F lounge, but I'm certain there's WiFi too.

Phil
hmm. the guest book is filled with moans of no wi-fi. Mind you, the types that put that in there (at least one example anyway), was hardly, shall we say, the quietest soul when it came to using a mobile phone either. If there is wifi in there, then maybe someone could tell the poor lounge staff, who seem to be getting grief on it.

Back on topic, its interesting to see how many ideas people have for WT+. Maybe the 'BA lurker' should poll this board about everyone's ideas - seems like there are some easy things to do that would greatly enhance the product at little cost judging by comments on here: ie dedicated check in (120 long haul planes x 40 seats a go must make this worthwhile?), welcome drink, better blanket, let leg rest raise another inch or so, premium drinks for sale (maybe if BA went card only like Spiritair in US, this solves the spare change or currency issue).

Let's see what September brings - Assuming F and J get AVOD at some point, with W sandwiched between, can we assume at least W gets AVOD too?
Old Feb 12, 2006, 3:17 pm

Let's see what September brings - Assuming F and J get AVOD at some point, with W sandwiched between, can we assume at least W gets AVOD too?
It's unofficially official that all classes are getting AVOD.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,
I thought that AVOD would be in all cabins?

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 12, 2006, 6:49 pm

Tits, question regarding your dislike of the deli box...

Why don't you like it? Sure it wasn't anything special, but for a second meal on a day flight it wasn't bad. I flew BA0293 LHR-IAD departing around 15:00. Had the normal full meal early in the flight and then received the deli box shortly before landing.

The deli box consisted of edible food which was relatively tasty (a turkey sandwich on an orange flavored roll) and a piece of cake. However it wasn't very filling considering we were arriving at about 7PM EST which was equivalant to roughly midnight London time. So I was still hungry when I arrived home.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 7:28 pm

Back on topic, its interesting to see how many ideas people have for WT+. Maybe the 'BA lurker' should poll this board about everyone's ideas - seems like there are some easy things to do that would greatly enhance the product at little cost judging by comments on here: ie dedicated check in (120 long haul planes x 40 seats a go must make this worthwhile?), welcome drink, better blanket, let leg rest raise another inch or so, premium drinks for sale (maybe if BA went card only like Spiritair in US, this solves the spare change or currency issue).
Excellent idea. It would also help if BA did some promotion of WT+. Most Americans have no idea what Premium Economy is. Perhaps BA are fearful that promotion of WT+ would eat into the CW market, which is advertised quite effectively and selectively.

Last edited by Imperial Special; Feb 12, 2006 at 7:31 pm
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:12 am
norodnik

Originally Posted by Imperial Special
Excellent idea. It would also help if BA did some promotion of WT+. Most Americans have no idea what Premium Economy is. Perhaps BA are fearful that promotion of WT+ would eat into the CW market, which is advertised quite effectively and selectively.
United offer (a pseudo) WT+ for free. If you are an "elite" you get to sit in the front of Eco. The first few rows of Eco, (or all of it on the trans continental between JFK/LAX/SFO) have a generous amount of leg room.

If you are not an elite, you can buy access to this pseudo WT+ for only $299 per year (no limits)

So, BA have a bit of a problem. Whilst WT+ offers more than Eco+, US folks think its a) is free or at worst cheap b) Certainly not worth paying $500 USD per flight

Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by norodnik
United offer (a pseudo) WT+ for free. If you are an "elite" you get to sit in the front of Eco. The first few rows of Eco, (or all of it on the trans continental between JFK/LAX/SFO) have a generous amount of leg room.

If you are not an elite, you can buy access to this pseudo WT+ for only $299 per year (no limits)

So, BA have a bit of a problem. Whilst WT+ offers more than Eco+, US folks think its a) is free or at worst cheap b) Certainly not worth paying $500 USD per flight
And that is why most of the US airlines are in Chapter 11 and BA is one of the most profitable airlines in the world
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Imperial Special
Remember that most US booking engines (eg expedia.com as opposed to expedia.co.uk) won't even let you get a price for Premium Economy.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BRSlad
And that is why most of the US airlines are in Chapter 11 and BA is one of the most profitable airlines in the world

I've flown WT+ a grand total of once and thought it was a decent product. When the miles are all spent I would be happy to pony up GBP200-400 extra to fly it over WT. For me, the key differentiator would be the check in desks esepcially for those of us who don't visit the US, closely followed by a decent leg rest. Add in AVOD and you have an excellent product.

E+ on UA is a long way behind WTP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.