CE new seats trial earlier this year

Old Nov 4, 05, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: If Easyjet gave status....
CE new seats trial earlier this year

Having travelled on one of the Airbi fitted with trial seats in CE, I was wondering if anyone knew what the outcome of the testing was? Personally I wasn't terribly impressed by the seats I encountered - any ideas what conclusions BA came to?

Apologies if the answer's been posted previously - I did search first - honest!
Old Nov 4, 05, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Which of the new seats did you get to see? There were two trial sets - ones which were very thin seats with no head rests and a table stuck over the middle seat - we saw pictures of that on here. The second set I cannot recall having seen any feedback on at all.
Old Nov 4, 05, 7:08 am
Original Poster

It was the ones we saw photos of in here - thin backs with a table folding down to cover the middle seat. Not a patch on the current ones, although it did make sitting on the right of the plane pleasanter as there was no danger of the dreaded "E" seat! Almost certainly, (although my memory fails me) LHR-ARN since that seems to be where work was taking me most of the time in the summer.

I believe the others were similar, but the table in the middle seemed to do some sort of backflip from under the middle seat rather than being part of the back rest folding down. I think there was a picture on americanchildrenwhingingaboutairbus.net at some point or another.
Old Nov 4, 05, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I don't recall seeing the pics.

<laziness>Does anyone have the link</laziness>
Old Nov 8, 05, 3:56 am
Original Poster

From one of the original posts (all mixed in with a discussion about Moscow airports BTW ) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ght=trial+seat

We have a picture of one of the trial seats - can't find a picture of the others right now. http://images.fotopic.net/yc4ijt.jpg

None of our esteemed BA people here know anymore?
Old Nov 8, 05, 5:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Tu114
From one of the original posts (all mixed in with a discussion about Moscow airports BTW ) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ght=trial+seat

We have a picture of one of the trial seats - can't find a picture of the others right now. http://images.fotopic.net/yc4ijt.jpg

None of our esteemed BA people here know anymore?
Personally, having spent most Saturday mornings for as long as I can remember in a Club Europe seat, it would be a travesty if they swapped to the ones in that picture.

No adjustable head rests for a start.

If only I'd have been on one of the flights with those seats - I'd have told them!!!
Old Nov 8, 05, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
Not having had a chance to be on a trial flight, and simply going by the photo - I don't like the seats. They look cheap and flimsy, especially with that daft looking tray in the middle. Who is really going to place a glass/cup there when most of the time that space between the A & C seats is for stuffing my papers & other items. A real big improvement would be greater legroom in CE. Some aircraft certainly feel more spacious than others.
Old Nov 8, 05, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
I travelled on one of the test configurations a while back, in Y. One big problem with the seats was the hard back and weird pockets. There was a lower and upper pocket - the lower one was not much bigger than a safety card and not stretchable and the upper was right in your face, so not where you want to stick a paper.

Oh, and the thin seat back with large gaps in between seats did nothing for your sense of privacy.

Worst of all for me though - if the new seating is adopted then it must surely mean the end of the A&C seats in CE configuration at the front of Economy. I'm assuming that the width of the 2 CE seats on each side will be the same as 3 ET seats, so no need to treat the front row as pseudo-CE. Given that I manage to snag one of these via OLCI most of the trips I fly in Y, this is not good

Search this Thread
Search Engine: