Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Spurs-Arse*&$@ live in Houston?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, UA
OT: Spurs-Arse*&$@ live in Houston?

Been blinkin' ages since I last posted - that's what you get when moving house and not getting broadband connected!

Anyway, I find myself in Houston right now and needing to find somewhere that's showing Spurs-Arse*&$@ live tomorrow. Efforts so far have drawn a blank - Ron's on Westheimer, the Richmond Arms, Fox & Hound..... no joy!

Anybody have experience of live footie in Houston to make any other recommendations? Else I'll be limited to following progress by text message!
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:38 am

http://www.livesoccertv.com/Texas-soccer-pubs.php

has a couple you mentioned, maybe not many places are showing a little game between the 3rd and 4th teams in London
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:50 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Would gladly swop you some Premier footie, for an High-Def NHL feed. Don't know why I got suckered into buying one of these tellies, when no-one's broadcasting in the format yet.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by tristan727
Would gladly swop you some Premier footie, for an High-Def NHL feed. Don't know why I got suckered into buying one of these tellies, when no-one's broadcasting in the format yet.
Although don't worry, by this time next year Sky will offer a new Sky+ box with High Definition capability for their channels when they launch next spring.

However, Toshiba will be selling new HD-DVD's before then (prob around Feb '06), so you won't have to wait long.

Anyhow, surely everyone has Projectors now instead of TV's? Much easier having the screen roll up at the touch of a button. Plus you can have it bolted to the ceiling out of the way. Plus, they were High-Definition ready many years ago (via Component (Red, Green and Blue) connection, of course).

Last edited by flyclub; Oct 28, 2005 at 8:56 am
Old Oct 28, 2005, 9:04 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by flyclub
Although don't worry, by this time next year Sky will offer a new Sky+ box with High Definition capability for their channels when they launch next spring.
Never liked Sky much - but the powers-that-be have sold-out, for two pieces of silver, the cricket to them, so will have to s'pose.

However, Toshiba will be selling new HD-DVD's before then (prob around Feb '06), so you won't have to wait long.
Wasn't it front-page headlines of the Metro today Bill Gates going on about how will be defunct, everyone downloading, etc. - suppose that's just him trying to promote his platform - good work if so, people will believe it's news & hold-off buying.

A
Anyhow, surely everyone has Projectors now instead of TV's? Much easier having the screen roll up at the touch of a button. Plus you can have it bolted to the ceiling out of the way. Plus, they were High-Definition ready many years ago (via Component (Red, Green and Blue) connection, of course).
God no - LCD's much trendier & better resolution (not that I'm biased or anything, having shelled out for a 32 incher new model, only released 3 weeks ago.).Maybe if you live out in the country, and have your own cinema/bar type lounge in the basement I suppose - but not for urban living, can't imagine.

p.s. - mine has PC Input, plus supposedly I can get 24mbs Broadband next month - so if anyone knows about getting hdtv on-line, gimme the link!

Last edited by tristan727; Oct 28, 2005 at 9:09 am
Old Oct 28, 2005, 9:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by tristan727
Wasn't it front-page headlines of the Metro today Bill Gates going on about how will be defunct, everyone downloading, etc. - suppose that's just him trying to promote his platform - good work if so, people will believe it's news & hold-off buying.

God no - LCD's much trendier & better resolution (not that I'm biased or anything, having shelled out for a 32 incher new model, only released 3 weeks ago.).Maybe if you live out in the country, and have your own cinema/bar type lounge in the basement I suppose - but not for urban living, can't imagine.
However people still have hundreds of DVD's so I think it will be an easy upgrade for most. Not so sure about Blueray though.......

In respect to the projector argument - my 10 foot screen is quite good for the rugby matches and movies, I can assure you........ Plus, the resolution is very good you would be surprised (may I recommend the Panasonic AE700 most highly.....
Old Oct 28, 2005, 9:17 am

Programs: BA & VS
I will be at the Lane. About time we beat those scum-bags from across North London.

COME ON YOU SPURS
Old Oct 28, 2005, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Oh silly me I though you were referring to the San Antonio Spurs basketball team. They're just down the road from you
Old Oct 28, 2005, 1:01 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Beany
I will be at the Lane. About time we beat those scum-bags from across North London.

COME ON YOU SPURS
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Wish they had made that hilarious penalty f***k up at White Hart Lane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.