Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New seat plan EDI-LGW?? Will I be all alone!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum

Checked in for tomorrows EDI-LGW flight and the seat plan looks pretty wierd! I know they may block off rows for balance etc but the seats are not blanked out they are just missing!

I have tried OLCI'ing again and it is still the same so not a localised PC issue. Have a look here and tell me if I will be all alone!
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Exactly the same for me on the EDI-LCY I'mabout to get on this morning.First 3 rows are the same.

I think it'sallabout trim - especially on 737s.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:54 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Either that or there are some people with incredibly long legs in rows 6 and 7!
Old Oct 20, 2005, 2:15 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Exactly the same for me on the EDI-LCY I'mabout to get on this morning.First 3 rows are the same.

I think it'sallabout trim - especially on 737s.
Yep, that old trim problem. On RyanScare they just put the tray tables down to stop you sitting there during the boarding scrum.

However, you may find yourself with more problems than you anticipated if you try to take a BA 737 to LCY! Still, worse if you were to try to take it from LCY to EDI, that would be very very tight on obstacle climb performance if launching to the West.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 2:20 am
Original Poster

I always thought the seat plan just showed unavailable seats. I don;t recall it just being a totally blank seat space.

Oh well. I can pretend I am in FT class
Old Oct 20, 2005, 2:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Aerotec
I always thought the seat plan just showed unavailable seats. I don;t recall it just being a totally blank seat space.

Oh well. I can pretend I am in FT class
I think it is quite impressive that they have left you sitting where you have.

One of the last occasions I flew to EDI from LGW on a 737, I had preassigned 2A. However, on the day, I was moved back to 6A. Even more oddly, two people were in row 1!

Not the end of the world of course, however I think you have been lucky they have let you stay where you are!
Old Oct 20, 2005, 2:41 am
Original Poster

I have had it before to LGW where I have been in row 1 or 2 and then no one else until row 6 or more. Felt quite strange. Maybe I was smelly!!

Originally Posted by flyclub
I think it is quite impressive that they have left you sitting where you have.

One of the last occasions I flew to EDI from LGW on a 737, I had preassigned 2A. However, on the day, I was moved back to 6A. Even more oddly, two people were in row 1!

Not the end of the world of course, however I think you have been lucky they have let you stay where you are!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.