Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting Titles on Bookings Page

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2005, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
Interesting Titles on Bookings Page

Just completed another booking online (not the one in the other thread I just posted).

On the pax details screens, there's a drop down box for titles. Makes very interesting reading. Among the routine: Mr, Mrs, Wing Commander, His Holiness (I kid you not), and Lords, there are a number of new ones to me. Anyone know what the following titles are?:

Khun Ying
Lcda
Haja
Gravin
Eur Ing
Datuk
Puan
Teuku
Tun
Old Oct 18, 2005, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,
Using www.google.co.uk,

Khun Ying appears to be a Thai Title;

http://www.thekoratpost.com/khunying.html

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 18, 2005, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by whmere
Just completed another booking online (not the one in the other thread I just posted).

On the pax details screens, there's a drop down box for titles. Makes very interesting reading. Among the routine: Mr, Mrs, Wing Commander, His Holiness (I kid you not), and Lords, there are a number of new ones to me. Anyone know what the following titles are?:
Eur Ing = European Engineer
Datuk = Malay for Sir (Male) [closest equivalent]
Puan = Malay female equivalent of Datuk [closest equivalent]
Tun = Malay for Lord (Male) [closest equivalent]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.