FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Flying out of AMS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/482117-flying-out-ams.html)

C&IEngineer Oct 13, 2005 7:33 am

Flying out of AMS

Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster here. Just got two quick questions that I hope someone here can help me with. I am flying out of AMS to LHR tomorrow and wanted to know where I can find the BA lounge at Schiphol. Also where do I get the catering voucher from as I wanted to do OLCI.

Any help that you can give me will be appreciated.

Neil

Stewie Mac Oct 13, 2005 8:07 am

Lounges in AMS are numbered, and signs refer to groups of lounges (ie lounges 11-22 this way).

BA Terraces is lounge 40 IIRC - go up the escalator in between the regular dutyfree (fags and booze) and the shop with the Boss clothes, swerve left around the little pub-like thing and the BA lounge is right in front of you. About 10 minutes walk to the BA gates, and you have to clear security again at the gate. But they do call you for boarding before the incoming plane has even diembarked, so don't rush your G & T. And try the little BBQ flavour hula hoops in the lounge :D

Can't help you on vouchers, as I fly ex-LGW, sipping wine and enjoying the lush repast offered. Or something.

And, of course - welcome (where are my manners). You'll be posting here every ten minutes before you know it :D

Raffles Oct 13, 2005 8:15 am

Yup, its lounge 40. You can either get to it from the upper mezzanine level above the main shopping mall (the one with shops on both sides) or follow the signs to the Rijksmuseum and go up the stairs next to that.

If the lounge is packed try the smoking side, which is disproportionately large and disproportionately empty.

I was there a few weeks ago but I was going to LGW so got fed and watered as usual!

And Welcome to FT!

althepeoplespal Oct 13, 2005 8:27 am

Originally Posted by C&IEngineer
Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster here. Just got two quick questions that I hope someone here can help me with. I am flying out of AMS to LHR tomorrow and wanted to know where I can find the BA lounge at Schiphol. Also where do I get the catering voucher from as I wanted to do OLCI.

Any help that you can give me will be appreciated.

Neil

I was there a few weeks ago and I had used SSCI and avoided all staff and was able to pick up a voucher at the lounge desk.

There was a nice looking sushi place to spend it at not far from the lounge on the ground floor, but it was packed and I gave up after 10 mins of waiting. I ended up in the food hall type place upstairs which had pizza, chinese and a few other things. Not a great choice. There is also a restaurant next door IIRC which looked quite nice.

Fraser Oct 13, 2005 9:08 am

Originally Posted by StewieMac
And try the little BBQ flavour hula hoops in the lounge :D

A couple of weeks ago they had a Cup A Soap machine....very odd...

bamilezer Oct 13, 2005 10:08 am

Flew out of AMS recently and was told that there were no catering vouchers available!!!

AMSwing Oct 13, 2005 11:09 am

If the vouchers are still available, you can get them at the ticket desk near the check-in desks. That's where I got them in September.

Globaliser Oct 13, 2005 11:25 am

Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
A couple of weeks ago they had a Cup A Soap machine....very odd...

Very odd indeed. Is there perhaps a new launderette nearby?

C&IEngineer Oct 14, 2005 7:58 am

Thanks for all the info. Will just have to see if I get my voucher when I go to the airport later.