Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OT: Cheap tactics, but I think I like it :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2005, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver

Every morning when I leave London Bridge station, there are people in crap blue uniforms giving out CITY AM and other craply named newspapers.

This morning, in addition to these guys, there was also a collection of very lovely looking ladies, who's attire was a baggy half done up shirt, and tights. They may have been wearing hot-pants, but if they were, they were very very small. They were advertising for Moss Bross - people picked up the mags that they were giving out, and then left them neatly in a pile just round the corner

The CITY AM people looked most peeved... (apart from the ones that had placed themselves right next to the ladies)
Old Oct 12, 2005, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
There is a very attractive woman who hands out Standard Lite at Cannon Street, either outside the tube entrance or across the road next to the post box. Sadly she is not there every day ...

And is it just me, but has the attractiveness of the foreign students employed by Pret fallen recently?!
Old Oct 12, 2005, 3:33 am

Programs: BA & VS
They had some nice ladies in Supermen outfits handing out various crap at Canary Wharf station on Monday morning. I took some so I could get a closer look
Old Oct 12, 2005, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Yes, I spotted the young lovelies outside London Bridge this morning, although I didn't take any of their wares!

Why oh why do they give out City AM at London Bridge, AFTER you've taken your train/tube journey? Surely people want to read it on the train, not after tehy've got off. I hardly see anyone taking them and the people handing them out look thoroughly bored.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 4:20 am

Programs: EY Platinum
I can report use of young lovelies outside Lloyd's too. They're usually* trying to flog 'beauty treatments' for people's girlfriends/wives. They tend to approach you with the line 'Can I ask you a funny question', to which I reply 'Only if you want a funny answer'.

*On Friday evenings they sometimes get replaced by the Spearmint Rhinos girls lounging by a limo. Very tasteful.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
I assume that this thread is where the small percentage of the male BAEC board members that are not gay is hanging out at the moment then?
Old Oct 12, 2005, 5:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RJB
And is it just me, but has the attractiveness of the foreign students employed by Pret fallen recently?!
You are right - there are quite a few uglies and even one or two spotties nowadays, but then it is owned by McDonalds........
Old Oct 12, 2005, 5:15 am

Programs: BA & VS
Originally Posted by apudme
You are right - there are quite a few uglies and even one or two spotties nowadays, but then it is owned by McDonalds........
A common misconception. Its only 1/3 owned by McDonalds. Maybe that was part of the deal, that 1/3 of its staff had to be spotties!
Old Oct 12, 2005, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
We never get scantily clad girls giving stuff out in EDI - it's so bloody cold.

If they wear tights they have to be 1000 denier + 4 layers of warm clothes.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 5:45 am

Programs: EY Platinum
Which reminds me. Anyone see the gratuitous picture of a bikinied lovely in Metro today? Reminds me of a Private Eye piece in the summer "More fruity girls passed A-Levels this year than in any previous year", illustrated, quite obviously, with a pair of fruity girls gleefully throwing their books into the air.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Didn't Pret break away from MaccyD's when they realised they couldn't co-exist?

I too have seen the City AM peeps. A McPaper if ever I saw one .

Now, about those girlies who tried to sell me a IKEA kitchen at Liverpool Street yesterday morning..... ^ ^
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:30 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Hmmm. An advantage to working in the big city, at last
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:49 am

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
Originally Posted by edi-traveller

We get loads of scantily clad girls giving stuff away for free in Newcastle. It's called chucking out time in the Bigg Market and they basically do give "it" away.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by edi-traveller

Hi,
Or if they were going to be in EDI today, waterproofs

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by cuddlychin
We get loads of scantily clad girls giving stuff away for free in Newcastle. It's called chucking out time in the Bigg Market and they basically do give "it" away.
bless them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.