Sick of never be eligible for the BAEC promos...

Old Oct 12, 05, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
Sick of never be eligible for the BAEC promos...

Hi

Gold member in the UK, I haven't receive a single nice promotion from BAEC. My collegues and friends receive nice promotions for 2 for 1 voucher if they fly Club World or First return, 6 bottles of wine in Club Europe, ...

When I try to register my Pre-Registration Page always says :

Thank You, Mr Belgian in Paris
Your pre-registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer.

I often fly Club and First with BA, I don't think that I am a bad client... maybee better than my collegues.

How is the selection working ? What are the criterias ?

Mine for the moment will be to fly much less with BA to see if soudenly I became eligible. Some friends told me that if I fly less with them the BA computer system will notice it and send me some promotions to have me back....

A shame if it is the only way....

Any comment or idea ?

PS : Here is the BA answer to my concern :

Sarah Ford has asked me to thank you for your letter and to reply on her behalf. I apologise for the delay in my reply.

I was sorry to hear you have been disappointed with the promotions that have been sent to you. When promotions are selected we look at the routes the member generally takes also the amount of travel they do.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but we are unable to send you all of our promotions as our systems automatically select who is eligible to participate.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Regards

Sarah P....
Executive Club
Customer Services

Last edited by Belgian in Paris; Oct 12, 05 at 3:02 am
Old Oct 12, 05, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by Belgian in Paris
Some friens told me that if I fly less with them their computer system will notice it and send me some promotions to have me back.
We know this is true. That is why some people got "fly 11, get 25,000 bonus miles" during the Summer and others got "fly 4, get 25,000 bonus miles".

To be fair, it is not in BA's interest to (indirectly) pay you for flights you would have taken anyway! And you are still eligible for the Jan-Mar 'triple miles' promo which seems to be a permanent event now.
Old Oct 12, 05, 3:11 am

Programs: BA - Gold, BD - Gold, SPG - Gold, HH - Gold
I've flown on BA at least twice a month for the past few months and have not received any of the promotions.
Old Oct 12, 05, 3:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I think that I am right in saying that as a UK member (Gold), I have never ever received a promotion for which I have been eligible
Old Oct 12, 05, 3:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
I have recieved very few promotions as well (only the 4 flights for 25K) , however as RJB states, I think in my case due to my frequent trips in CE, its almost as the system "knows" I will fly anyway.

However, I value the way BA views me more in an "operational" sense - being op-uped to FIRST from Club for all three of us flying at the time (I had booked all three tickets) on a trip to Las Vegas via DFW last easter really impressed me. The CSD even told me onboard when she introduced herself it was a "good will gesture" from BA for my continued custom.

Do you get many Op-ups yet not promotions?
Old Oct 12, 05, 3:42 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
I received the "Fly 2 UK domestic returns, get 6K each".

Because of a change of project, I've flown only 2 I class returns in the last 3 months (as opposed to 4 J Club returns a month). Fortunatly I've just had to take two returns to MAN and got my 12K, but I'm flying less now, and have received my first decent promo.

(Note: I was eligible for the previous 12K and 2x6K domestic promos, but never received an email about them. This is the first time I've been emailed about a decent offer)

I never received (and wasn't eligible for) the fly n get 25/50K, presumably because I was flying so much at the time.
Old Oct 12, 05, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
Originally Posted by flyclub

Do you get many Op-ups yet not promotions?

Yes I have received a few Op-up when flight is oversold. Same for my Gold colleagues who are eligible for the promotions. For me it is a bit frustrating to see that for BA it is more important to reward people who don't fly a lot... I understand that they would like to have those Pax back but on the same time they should reward the PAX who already spend money with them.

I still don't understand what the criterias are.

Last edited by Belgian in Paris; Oct 12, 05 at 4:17 am
Old Oct 12, 05, 4:22 am

Programs: EY Platinum
I think that it's true that less frequent flyers get more offers. Until May this year I was doing fairly regular long-distance J class flights. Since May I haven't flown at all (with BA) and in that period I've received pretty much every offer posted on this board.
Old Oct 12, 05, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm in the same boat, have been at least silver or gold for the last 5 years, and I think been eligable for one promotion in this time.

I really think there is something up with BA's computer systems, I don't even get electronic statements - in fact the only communication I get from BA is confirmation when I've booked a flight, and random reminders just before a flight.

I found it most frustrating and did PM Lyndsay regarding this, as all my details are correct on BA's website.

She basically explained that (and I quote) :

There are essentially two different types of campaigns we run, those that are open to all members, and those that are only open to specific members.

For the campaigns that are open to all members (like the current UK Triple Miles offer), we will usually advertise the offer in areas such as ba.com or the media, as well as sending emails to certain members who meet a specific criteria. So, although you may be eligible for the offer, you may not always get a direct communication about it, but it should be accessible to you via other means.

For the campaigns that are only open to specific members, we will send a direct communication to those members only, and there will be no other advertising of the campaign.

Essentially, as with any Marketing campaigns, we’re trying to increase our sales in a specific area, so we concentrate our marketing on those people we feel are in the best position to make the most difference to our sales in that area.

It's vague and I'm not convinced even they know what's going on. And it frustrates the hell out of me that I don't receieve any emails from BA. Then I read about a promotion on FT I try to register and get told I'm not eligable...
Old Oct 12, 05, 9:03 am

Programs: BA-blue :( sad times
I never realised this was the case - if so it Sucks bigtime...
I have spent more time in the air than in my own home this month, and I never recieve any decent offers from BA... Ever.

I'm toying with the Idea of taking the next 4 longhuals next month on star alliance (using my BA card to pay ) - maybe then I will get an offer I am eligable for.
Old Oct 12, 05, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by stoney
I'm toying with the Idea of taking the next 4 longhuals next month on star alliance (using my BA card to pay ) - maybe then I will get an offer I am eligable for.
I agree - I've been considering the same, downside for me is most of my travel is in Y and with no status it could be harsh

Was considering calling the bearded one and see if he'd offer a status match.

Search this Thread