Fast track operating at T4?

Old Oct 11, 05, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Fast track operating at T4?

Last I heard from a BA cabin crew that Fast Track at T4 was not operating due to 'staff shortages' .. in August.

Can anyone here confirm to the fact - or is it operating normally now? I think the 'normal' closing time is at 1400.

Our flight from YVR gets in at 1335. Is it worthwhile going to the Arrivals Lounge?
Old Oct 11, 05, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
From the BA cabin crew news
Arrivals Fast Track Update
Due to the continuing embarkation checks required at London Heathrow, the main
Arrivals Fast Track immigration channels remain closed. However, the following
temporary measures have been introduced:
Temporary facilities at Terminal 1
Premium passengers are able to use the UK Visa Holders and UK Residents channel when
they arrive at London Heathrow. These areas are next to the current Terminal 1 ’Fast Track’
facility, however, currently there is no temporary signage explaining this to the passengers.
Temporary facilities at Terminal 4
Premium passengers are able to use a limited Fast Track Facility in Terminal 4 from 05.00
- 12.00 daily. This facility will be part of the main arrivals control, between the main
control and the EU channel. Temporary signage and barriers are provided. Premium
passengers should be advised to hold onto their boarding pass stub as evidence that they
are entitled to use the Fast Track facility. Passengers should show their boarding pass stub
to the BA staff member at the entrance to the Fast Track facility at Terminal 4.
Alternatively they can show their ticket or itinerary receipt.
Old Oct 11, 05, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Oh rats.

Not the best welcome to LHR after a First Class flight.
Old Oct 11, 05, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

And the arrivals lounge closes at 2pm I think ( breakfast cleared away at noon)- which is a pity as I will be arriving also from YVR on 12 Dec

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 11, 05, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Oh rats.

Not the best welcome to LHR after a First Class flight.
LHR still seems to be the only airport I've visited offering a fast track immigration service. I've never seen similar service in the US, Canada, Australia, Far East or at other European airports.

/hv
Old Oct 11, 05, 4:06 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Originally Posted by hvisti
LHR still seems to be the only airport I've visited offering a fast track immigration service. I've never seen similar service in the US, Canada, Australia, Far East or at other European airports.

/hv
Previum at AMS Schiphol. It is open to anybody willing to pay the fee, but otherwise not for premium pax, but still technically fast track. It actually truly is fast, whereas fast track at LHR can sometimes be slow track.
Old Oct 12, 05, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat

/hv
There is an expedited immigration service at BKK for TG F and some other airlines willing to pay for it (I think this has included AY but not BA). BA apparently used to offer this service too, but deny all knowledge of it when I have enquired previously. On one occasion I did get special services to arrange it for me, but this was very much a one off.
Old Dec 1, 05, 1:13 am

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
Update Please?

Is the Fast Track Immigration into UK at LHR T4 back working yet?.

Am arriving from OZ on BA16 that lands at 0445. Last thing I need is to stand in the line for 45 minutes as I did last time when arriving from IAD in the evening.

If the 'temp' service is still working -great. I will do my best not to lose my boarding pass if they aren't handing out the official 'Fast Track' vouchers.
Old Dec 1, 05, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

/hv
KUL has a premium facility for arrivals and departures - much like LHR access is determined by a piece of paper given out in flight,
Old Dec 1, 05, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AshleyF
Is the Fast Track Immigration into UK at LHR T4 back working yet?.
It was operational last time I went through T4 at the end of October (on a Sunday morning).

04.45 is a bit early though...
Old Dec 2, 05, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
I was on a flight in J arriving at LHR T4 at about 7am last week, and no passes for Fast Track were handed out, and I could not see a temporary Fast Track queue.

Search this Thread