Wiki Posts
Search

IB/BA fares which one to Malaga

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2005, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
IB/BA fares which one to Malaga

Well just about to book a trip down to AGP for the weekend and have a little question I have 2 options

1. Book on Ba.com the following flights MAN-LHR-AGP-MAN for about £350ish and get 100tp’s and extra miles
or
2. Book the following routing on AA.com MAN-LHR-AGP-LHR-MAN again all on BA metal, but this time on IB codes. For about £350 too I know that I forgo the Mileage bonus extra but would I get 160TP’s or would I only get 120tp’s

The time issue is not a real importance to me its only about 2 hours in the difference anyway.

I would be grateful for your advice on this one

IFB
Old Oct 10, 2005, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,
assuming all are tier point earning ( and the LHR-AGP-LHR is in business) then MAN-LHR-AGP-LHR-MAN would earn 20+40+40+20 ie 120 tps ( I think)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 10, 2005, 4:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The thing I love about AA.com is that its not afraid to show the punter the fare basis. Although I have not been able to recreate the £350 fare you found on AA.com but it has offered an ILEUNUK fare for £361 including taxes. With this earning full mileage and tier points on the domestic legs is a certainty. You should expect to earn 120 tier points on this itinerary.

Much less can be said for the domestic legs on an equivalent BA.com booking. Its quite possible that the MAN-LHR will be H class and earn full mileage and tier points on top of the Club Europe sectors but it could just as easily be pulled from R or K inventory. There's just no knowing. So not only do you risk loosing 20 tier points but also 75% of the base mileage but the CE cabin bonus will compensate for any shortfall on the single domestic leg.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Originally Posted by GregM
The thing I love about AA.com is that its not afraid to show the punter the fare basis. Although I have not been able to recreate the £350 fare you found on AA.com but it has offered an ILEUNUK fare for £361 including taxes. With this earning full mileage and tier points on the domestic legs is a certainty. You should expect to earn 120 tier points on this itinerary.

Much less can be said for the domestic legs on an equivalent BA.com booking. Its quite possible that the MAN-LHR will be H class and earn full mileage and tier points on top of the Club Europe sectors but it could just as easily be pulled from R or K inventory. There's just no knowing. So not only do you risk loosing 20 tier points but also 75% of the base mileage but the CE cabin bonus will compensate for any shortfall on the single domestic leg.
Thats the thing i hate about BA.com I want the TP earning H fare because its not that much more than there qouted fare there giving me but you can't be sure so then you have to call BA pay the extra £15 for off-line booking extra. BA.com should cop-on that i wat the Club fare and therefore give me a club ticket (uk Business) on all sectors.

Just a quick thing on the IB ILEUNUK fare would that not earn 40 TP's on all sectors even the domestic legs because it is a business fare on a codeshare.
The £350 was meant to be just a circa sure whats a tenner between friends!
I Must try this sometime to clarify, me thinks a DOH style trip for earning TP's would be good if you get 160 compared to 120. those few extra TP's sure come in handy when looking to renew gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.