Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2005, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Cabin Maintenance

Question: on longhaul flights, has anyone else noticed a general deterioration in maintenance (cleanliness) of cabins when boarding?
The NCW beds are outstanding, but the general condition of the cabin seems quite horrible, sometimes almost disgusting.
It used to be that pax could depend on clean pillowcovers, at least, but on my last three or four flights between ORD and LHR, the pillows are quite nasty, there is usually litter in the magazine pockets of the seats, etc.
Is this have anything to do with Gate Gourmet, or is the job of servicing planes between flights outsourced to some other company?
Old Oct 4, 2005, 12:45 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Haven't noticed a general deterioration, though I have noticed that aircraft are not always in tip-top shape on the way back to the UK, particularly where there is a very short turnaround.

All my flights out of LHR generally immaculate (apart from general cabin decor due to age of aircraft ).
Old Oct 4, 2005, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Blue.
I flew F to Sea last month - and some monster had emptied the contents of his nose on the wall - lovely.

What is it about picking your nose and wiping it on the wall!! Especially in the F loo!!!!
Old Oct 4, 2005, 1:15 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by blawson
I flew F to Sea last month - and some monster had emptied the contents of his nose on the wall - lovely.

What is it about picking your nose and wiping it on the wall!! Especially in the F loo!!!!
Uuugh.... too much information!
Old Oct 4, 2005, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Amicus
It used to be that pax could depend on clean pillowcovers, at least, but on my last three or four flights between ORD and LHR, the pillows are quite nasty
Originally Posted by blawson
Ewwww

I've already commented today that the F cabin needs to be spruced up. Some of the seats I've had have been nearly threadbare. But I have never come across a used pillow. Yuk.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
On a very slight variation of the theme, I remember travelling a couple of years ago with Dragonair from Hong Kong to Shanghai in their First Class.
After boarding, I was handed a hot towel, only to discover that it had two large ear wax stains on it as I was just about to use it on my face...
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:41 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:49 am

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
Originally Posted by LHR Tim
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!
Is this thread turning into the

"What's the most disgusting thing you have seen on a plane" thread instead??
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:52 am

Programs: QR Plat
Talking

I believe there is a contending thread for that title, a while back there was a list of what has been sighted in the F caibin, including various older Lords and the bedtime behavior in F

-A
Old Oct 5, 2005, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
On my trip to LAX in Sept there was a discarded boarding card stub in the bin next to 62K for a flight 3 weeks previously. Obviously hadn't been (properly) cleaned out since then
Old Oct 5, 2005, 5:28 am

Programs: Platinum Amex, BAEC Blue, BA PP Amex, Club SLH, Avis Wizard
Originally Posted by PhilH
On my trip to LAX in Sept there was a discarded boarding card stub in the bin next to 62K for a flight 3 weeks previously. Obviously hadn't been (properly) cleaned out since then
Could it have been the person returning from holiday on the flight before you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.