Wiki Posts
Search

Nice FT Do: Sat 12th Nov

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2006, 2:51 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by PhilH
I didn't attend, but have done so a few times since! Wow, can't believe these very popular away do's have only been going a year.

However, wasn't the BRR do in August? So NCE may have been the first foreign away do, but I think BRR was the first away do per se.
If we include EDI as "away" then there certainly were a few away Do's before BRR! I certainly remember some eventful ones in EDI.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon
If we include EDI as "away" then there certainly were a few away Do's before BRR! I certainly remember some eventful ones in EDI.
Ok ok... The first one abroad then (or just the first I went to then )
Old Nov 14, 2006, 2:55 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
Ok ok... The first one abroad then (or just the first I went to then )
Blimey! So there was more than one cherry popped on that trip!
Old Nov 14, 2006, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
The question is, when's the next one (which people don't already have on any sigs before any prods me )?! Any BUDding ideas? A nice Italian lunch somewhere? It's bonus time and my BA AmEx is itching...
Old Nov 14, 2006, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Well of course without wishing to refer to London Airways, I wouldn't have necessarily referred to Edinburgh as "away" due to the heavy presence of locals. Well, no more than the EDI or other regional locals on here would classify a London do as an "away" do! But BRR was definitely "away" in the truest sense that there are no locals on here (I think!) and everyone had to travel there, and the travel was part of the Do.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
The question is, when's the next one (which people don't already have on any sigs before any prods me )?! Any BUDding ideas? A nice Italian lunch somewhere? It's bonus time and my BA AmEx is itching...
Well after GVA and SZG, I suppose it's time for Italy... I will sort it this ASAP, was in Italy a couple of weeks ago doing a recce... Just need to work around the cr@p flight times from LGW (and the LHR ones are pricey).
Old Nov 14, 2006, 6:46 pm
jhm

the first birthday has just passed of this NCE do, it was the first of many FT 'away' dos that have become so popular... And it all started only a year ago. Frightening...
Only one year ? How did you all manage to qualify for silver/gold before then ?

Well after GVA and SZG, I suppose it's time for Italy... I will sort it this ASAP, was in Italy a couple of weeks ago doing a recce...
I'm counting on you and others for the additional 380 tier points which I need by 6 May to qualify for gold!
Old Nov 15, 2006, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by jhm
Only one year ? How did you all manage to qualify for silver/gold before then ?

I'm counting on you and others for the additional 380 tier points which I need by 6 May to qualify for gold!
Watch this space... There are plans afoot.... But this won't be son of the NCE do this will the mummy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.