Search

October Offers Posted

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2005, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
October Offers Posted

Most of the stuff has already been posted, however one caught my eye

Switch to Southern Electric, Scottish Hydro Electric or SWALEC today and you’ll earn 2,000 BA Miles straightaway plus 500 extra BA Miles each quarter.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cuddlychin
Most of the stuff has already been posted, however one caught my eye

Switch to Southern Electric, Scottish Hydro Electric or SWALEC today and you’ll earn 2,000 BA Miles straightaway plus 500 extra BA Miles each quarter.
Can you post some information/link on this?

Are they good value?
Old Sep 30, 2005, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apudme
Can you post some information/link on this?

Are they good value?
Switching your energy supply could earn you 4,000 BA Miles
Switch to Scottish and Southern Energy, our latest Executive Club partner and you could earn 2,000 BA Miles for joining. And that’s not all – you’ll also earn 500 BA Miles every quarter. That means you could earn 4,000 BA Miles in your first year alone.

The Scottish and Southern Energy Group is a FTSE 40 company and manages the largest distribution network in the UK. When you make the switch you’ll be joining one of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group of companies depending on where you live. Between Southern Electric (England), Scottish Hydro Electric (Scotland) and SWALEC (Wales), Scottish and Southern Energy supply over 6.4 million customer accounts.

Scottish and Southern Energy is the only energy supplier to offer BA Miles. So why not boost your BA Miles balance today – there’s every chance that you’ll save money when you switch too!

To switch simply call 0800 316 2193.

Terms and Conditions
When you make the switch your new service will be ‘energyplus BA Miles’. This service is available on a dual fuel or all electric (electricity only) basis only and is not available if Scottish and Southern Energy only supply gas to the property. The 2,000 BA Miles are payable following confirmation of your set up. Thereafter, the 500 BA Miles will be paid on a quarterly basis following issue of the quarterly bill. This is for domestic supplies only. Availability in the UK only excluding the Channel Islands and Northern Ireland. Not available for some tariff/meter types.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 2:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

and an important update for those travelling to the US:

Making travel to the USA a little smoother
If you are travelling to the USA from 4 October 2005, the US Government will require information over and above your passport details, before your flight departs.

This will include details of your country of residence as well as your destination address in the US, unless you are a U.S.A. citizen or resident (Green Card holder).

To avoid delays at check-in, we are now ensuring that our website and booking systems can accept these additional details.

Our new Manage my Booking facility on ba.com lets you enter the details when you book – or any time before you fly, as of 20 September 2005.

You can already store your passport information and country of residence in your Executive Club Profile. This feature automatically provides your information on all flights to the U.S.A. However you do still need to enter your destination address each time you fly.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Forgot to mention that one - just logged in now and its only asking for the first nights address in addition to the info that you will already have saved.

Asks for the Zip Code and did not like it when I entered incorrectly. Just asks for name of hotel (or like). Area, State and Zip Code.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Terms and Conditions
When you make the switch your new service will be ‘energyplus BA Miles’. This service is available on a dual fuel or all electric (electricity only) basis only and is not available if Scottish and Southern Energy only supply gas to the property. The 2,000 BA Miles are payable following confirmation of your set up. Thereafter, the 500 BA Miles will be paid on a quarterly basis following issue of the quarterly bill. This is for domestic supplies only. Availability in the UK only excluding the Channel Islands and Northern Ireland. Not available for some tariff/meter types.
Thanks for posting this cuddlychin; I would be a bit cautious about this in case they do a travelex and give the BA Miles customer a more expensive rate than regular customers......
Old Oct 1, 2005, 5:04 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Forgot to mention that one - just logged in now and its only asking for the first nights address in addition to the info that you will already have saved.

Asks for the Zip Code and did not like it when I entered incorrectly. Just asks for name of hotel (or like). Area, State and Zip Code.
I'm glad it is only the first night. Next years grand tour to the East Coast would be a nightmare with 6 or 7 different addresses over three weeks to put in. Are the Yanks paranoid or what? P.S. Went to uni there and love them well, but lately...
Old Oct 1, 2005, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA or bust
I'm glad it is only the first night. Next years grand tour to the East Coast would be a nightmare with 6 or 7 different addresses over three weeks to put in. Are the Yanks paranoid or what? P.S. Went to uni there and love them well, but lately...
I know what you mean - its the same with the cards you gotta fill in with the first night address on them. Makes me think I should always stick my friends address down when I go across.

Wonder if BA will get wise and do a drop down to select addresses. ie let you save five different addresses that you use the most - I think that would be a great idea and timesaving for all us busy people ??
Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
For the power offer, you are better off switching via Tesco for the 2000 Clubcard points, which equates to 4,800 BA Miles. After six months, of course, you can switch and jump over to Southern / Scottish !
Old Oct 1, 2005, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I know what you mean - its the same with the cards you gotta fill in with the first night address on them. Makes me think I should always stick my friends address down when I go across.

Wonder if BA will get wise and do a drop down to select addresses. ie let you save five different addresses that you use the most - I think that would be a great idea and timesaving for all us busy people ??
And why has the US govt never thought to have web based immigrrtion forms that one could pre-populate with ones personal info and print, instead of endlessly having to tick the box to warn them that one is a convicted a war criminal who has been guilty of geoncide (not to mention that one is smuggling an apple into the country !).
Old Oct 1, 2005, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
And why has the US govt never thought to have web based immigrrtion forms that one could pre-populate with ones personal info and print, instead of endlessly having to tick the box to warn them that one is a convicted a war criminal who has been guilty of geoncide (not to mention that one is smuggling an apple into the country !).
even better have BA pre-populare it for you with flight numbers arrival dates and all the addresses etc so you only have to do a few things to it - most home printers would do a decent printing job for it to be verified etc
Old Oct 1, 2005, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by RJB
For the power offer, you are better off switching via Tesco for the 2000 Clubcard points, which equates to 4,800 BA Miles. After six months, of course, you can switch and jump over to Southern / Scottish !
HI RJB,

I can't see details of this on the Tesco or Powergen site. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!! ^
Old Oct 1, 2005, 8:33 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.

Or even better get US immigration to strap electronic tags on us - then they could track us 24*7.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 10:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Or even better get US immigration to strap electronic tags on us - then they could track us 24*7.
Most visitors are easy to spot, especially in republican states. We are the ones who have worked out how to breathe with our mouths shut.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by ba bob
HI RJB,

I can't see details of this on the Tesco or Powergen site. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!! ^
See the link in bullet point 8 of the first post of the 'Tesco & BA' thread, which should always be your first stop for Tesco info! When you follow the link, the offer is in one of the boxes on the right hand side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.