Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stop Press: Yahoo! Lounge Calendar Replacement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stop Press: Yahoo! Lounge Calendar Replacement

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2008, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Who's using what browsers? I think there may be some accented Es involved which are handled differently...
Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:17 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I think I see what has happened. BA97 - yhpm
Old Aug 27, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Smile

Hey BA97,

I'm a new member and a big fan of your site, its a useful tool thats for sure.

thanks for making it possible,

--Russ
Old Aug 27, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver, BMI Silver
New problem with Yahoo lookups

Hi,

Seem to have a new problem this evening - whenever I add a new flight number, and search for it, the system populates the departure and arrival airports with a space at the end - i.e. as "LHR " and "EDI " - this then upsets the validation Javascript. I'm guessing something has changed at Yahoo...

Cheers,

C
Old Aug 28, 2008, 6:40 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cjt105
Seem to have a new problem this evening - whenever I add a new flight number, and search for it, the system populates the departure and arrival airports with a space at the end - i.e. as "LHR " and "EDI " - this then upsets the validation Javascript. I'm guessing something has changed at Yahoo...
Are you using firefox 3 by any chance? I noticed the same, but I think it coincided with me upgrading to that...
Old Aug 28, 2008, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, BMI Silver
Hi frankvb,

Spot on! I am indeed using Firefox 3 on Windows XP, and so I tried using Internet Exploder and sure enough it works fine. A JavaScript/Firefox issue for you then, BA97

Cheers,

C

Last edited by cjt105; Aug 28, 2008 at 8:15 am Reason: Grammar...
Old Aug 29, 2008, 5:48 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cjt105
I am indeed using Firefox 3 on Windows XP, and so I tried using Internet Exploder and sure enough it works fine. A JavaScript/Firefox issue for you then, BA97
Or maybe the friendly firefox people should fix 3.0. This isn't the only obvious problem - e.g. just go to the alaska airlines site and price up a trip. The flight time/class matrix display is completely messed up... Worked fine in 2.x.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 3:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Guys,

Is Openskies (EC) not included in the database? I found L'Avion but couldn't find EC.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 12:03 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
BA97 has added EC
Old Oct 21, 2008, 11:34 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Lightbulb Suggestion for add lounge feature

Would it not simplify things by adding categories such as OW Emerald, *A Gold rather than having to select the elite level of each alliance member airline?
Old Oct 21, 2008, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Would it not simplify things by adding categories such as OW Emerald, *A Gold rather than having to select the elite level of each alliance member airline?
You mean like in the 'alliance admittance' section on the lounge access rules?

I'm thinking of opening up maintenance of lounge access rules, as so many lounge rules are entered incorrectly. Watch this space.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 11:48 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by BA97
You mean like in the 'alliance admittance' section on the lounge access rules?

I'm thinking of opening up maintenance of lounge access rules, as so many lounge rules are entered incorrectly. Watch this space.
Thought the airline tier thingy also needed to be filled in. How about a way of editing lounge entries where the criteria need to be added to or, say, to add a pic?
Old Oct 24, 2008, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Past sector archiving problem

A recent upgrade by my service provider of the webserver and database infrastructure went smoothly, but after a couple of you PMed me I have noticed that all is not right, specifically that when the job runs to archive your historic sectors it isn't writing them to the archive table correctly.

I have temporarily disabled the archiving job. This will result in any historic sectors remaining on the wrong side of the demarkation line between past and future.

Unfortunately this impacts:
  • Anyone who had input any historical sectors since Tuesday 21st October. Please check to see if any are missing. I will likely not be able to restore these from backup as backups are not that frequent
  • Anyone who had any sectors recorded for 22nd/23rd October, regardless of when they were added to the calendar. Your sectors are currently missing but please DO NOT re-add them. I will most likely be able to restore them from a backed-up version of the database.

Apologies for this, but good work to the people who spotted and escalated the problem quickly.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:15 pm

Exclamation

I am having difficulties exporting my Flight Diary to Excel, I keep getting the following message after clicking "Download to Excel (CSV)":

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a004c'

Path not found

/ba97/calendar/download_csv.asp, line 29
Running OSX 10.4 Safari 3.1.2, Firefox 3.0.3

Is it just me or could it be related to the issue in the previous post?
Old Oct 27, 2008, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

All sectors that can be restored from backup have been. Hopefully not too many of you lost anything.

The download issue is seperate, but related. The script first writes out the spreadsheet to disk, then directs the browser to download the file. With the site moving to new hosting infrastructure the writeable path has evidently changed. I'll dig through their docs, it should be easy enough to fix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.