Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stop Press: Yahoo! Lounge Calendar Replacement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stop Press: Yahoo! Lounge Calendar Replacement

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2008, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
LHR:
  • LH SEN lounge not listed

SFO:
  • SQ F lounge not listed
  • Calendar states no access to UA F lounge even when ticketed in F on another *A carrier

LAS:
  • US offers a Club in T1 adjacent to Gate 2; also open to Priority Pass members

GRU:
  • BA F lounge no longer exists, though there is a combined J/F/Gold/Silver lounge at the same location
This is a collaborative community! Certainly as far as adding new lounges goes, there is an 'Add a Lounge' link on the 'Lounge Visits' page. With it being open season lots of people get the access rules wrong (eg. instead of putting Oneworld Sapphire they put BA Silver etc...), but please add the new ones that way.

I'll make the mods on the others.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 7:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by BA97
This is a collaborative community! Certainly as far as adding new lounges goes, there is an 'Add a Lounge' link on the 'Lounge Visits' page.
Except that this IS STILL BROKEN as was pointed out by me and schofs a few posts up
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
LHR:
  • LH SEN lounge not listed

SFO:
  • SQ F lounge not listed
  • Calendar states no access to UA F lounge even when ticketed in F on another *A carrier

LAS:
  • US offers a Club in T1 adjacent to Gate 2; also open to Priority Pass members

GRU:
  • BA F lounge no longer exists, though there is a combined J/F/Gold/Silver lounge at the same location
updated
Old Mar 9, 2008, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theaxe
Hi BA97, I noticed that the lounge tracker doesn't have an image of the Eos Club 48 lounge at London STN.

Here's a picture that I took last week of the newly extended lounge:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9492/img1800ey1.jpg

Hope it's useful.
Great picture - i've added it now, thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
great tool BA97! Thanks a lot for the effort!

However one issue: When I try to access my calender as read-only, no flights show up. I use this link: http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...le=UsernameXYZ and it only shows the blue banner at the top.

Sorry if this has been answered before but I read through pages 1 - 15 and couldn't find it.
I have traced this to be a problem where you've got no historical flights; i've fixed the bug now so the report should show up fine for everyone.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 9:08 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
ba97.com Admin?

Hi, I tried emailing [email protected] and received an invalid email address.. can anyone here help?

Hi ba97 admin,

I have put in some upcoming flights in my diary, and
when I view the calendar the flights are not shown..
Do you know how I can correct for this?

Thanks
ACfly
Old Mar 24, 2008, 9:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

You could post in the BA97 thread seeking help, or send a PM to BA97 or send an email to BA97.

PS just to check you don't have your view setting to show only past flights.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Mar 25, 2008 at 11:44 am
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Found a bug, fixed it now. Those reporting problems with their reports should be OK.

Originally Posted by ACfly
Hi, I tried emailing [email protected] and received an invalid email address.. can anyone here help?
- should work, will check up on this
Old May 19, 2008, 7:40 am

Hello

I was wondering whether you are planning to add "Suites" as a new "class" category for SQ flights on the A380.

Thanks for the great work with the calendar.

eutow
Old May 19, 2008, 7:49 am
jhm

Or you could take the view that "Suites" is just the SQ marketing name for F on the A380!
Old May 19, 2008, 1:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by jhm
Or you could take the view that "Suites" is just the SQ marketing name for F on the A380!
Exactly. IMO no point in having separate option for all the different marketing names around.
Old May 19, 2008, 1:08 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Exactly. IMO no point in having separate option for all the different marketing names around.
Not sure I agree. It's currently an entirely different product sold at an entirely different fare basis (coincidentally, the same 'R' as BA used to use for the very fast plane).
Old May 19, 2008, 1:22 pm
jhm

It's currently an entirely different product sold at an entirely different fare basis
... but BA97 shows the class of service (rather than the fare basis) for each flight.

As far as the product is concened, BA97 doesn't distinguish between the F product on (say) US domestic and the F product on another airline so I'm not sure how the SQ Suites would be any different. (Furthermore, EK, amongst others, would no doubt disagree with the suite concept being an entirely different product from everything before).
Old May 19, 2008, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by jhm
... but BA97 shows the class of service (rather than the fare basis) for each flight.

As far as the product is concened, BA97 doesn't distinguish between the F product on (say) US domestic and the F product on another airline so I'm not sure how the SQ Suites would be any different. (Furthermore, EK, amongst others, would no doubt disagree with the suite concept being an entirely different product from everything before).
There are some differences. If I fly BA between London and Mumbai in F, there is a choice of flights where the F hardware is of different generations (eg smaller IFE screens). Ticket prices are the same whichever flight I take. With routes operated by the A380 and, say 744, the prices are different depending on whether I take a flight with first class or a flight with the suites. The booking class is also different - as virtualtroy pointed out, it is not a class which falls within the choices for a first class flight. On an F RTW ticket, passengers cannot just choose the suites on the A380 as that plane's version of F seats.

I feel that there are real differences in this in practical (i.e. non marketing) terms, but I am sure that BA97 will decide as he sees best!
Old May 19, 2008, 5:20 pm
jhm

Originally Posted by eutow
There are some differences. If I fly BA between London and Mumbai in F, there is a choice of flights where the F hardware is of different generations (eg smaller IFE screens). Ticket prices are the same whichever flight I take. With routes operated by the A380 and, say 744, the prices are different depending on whether I take a flight with first class or a flight with the suites. The booking class is also different - as virtualtroy pointed out, it is not a class which falls within the choices for a first class flight. On an F RTW ticket, passengers cannot just choose the suites on the A380 as that plane's version of F seats.
Thanks for the reply. However, correct me if I'm wrong but what you've said also applies to (for example) SQ flights operated by the 77W, i.e. the prices are different (plus award cost and availability is different) and you can't just choose a 77W flight for a RTW (without paying an additional surcharge). It just so happens that SQ calls F on the A380 "Suites" without calling F on the 77W something else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.